We are looking for a Business Development Associate who will be a key contributor to our team by evaluating and bringing to market new business opportunities.
HERE’S WHY WE KNOW YOU’LL LIKE US (AND NOT JUST ON FACEBOOK):
Mindspark is a leading digital consumer products company that builds, markets and delivers fun and useful “digital snacks” -- popular interactive products that cater to a range of interests and varied audiences, available whenever and wherever our consumers want to indulge. Mindspark’s groundbreaking content applications are viewed by millions of users daily, and include games, virtual worlds, and a broad range of online experiences for a diverse audience. The brands under the Mindspark banner are a virtual vending machine for the digital snack enthusiast. Whatever new digital snacks our users are craving, you’ll join an incredible team that innovates and consistently delivers interactive bytes of goodness to round out our consumers’ daily digital diets.
As an IAC (Nasdaq: IACI) company, Mindspark is part of a family including many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, Citysearch and Electus. Recently ranked fourth in Fortune magazine’s world's most admired companies list in the Internet Services & Retailing sector, we provide incredible career opportunities for our team in a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
We want you to help us find the next multi-million dollar businesses for Mindspark. This will be accomplished by expanding one of our existing 20+ consumer properties, or by identifying and executing on brand new areas of opportunity.
You will work directly with the Senior Director, Business Development and interact across the organization and with IAC corporate development.
Identify new strategic opportunities for growth and present your analysis, findings and recommendations to the senior team at Mindspark and IAC.
Deep-dive analysis of a wide range of consumer categories, products, companies, and trends.
Develop and manage project plans and roadmaps.
Represent Mindspark to outside companies and organizations.
Creation of financial models to evaluate opportunity size and ROI.
Creation of evaluation frameworks to help systematize assessments.
Heavy use of market research tools, technology news sites, and online databases.
An uncanny ability to find interesting trends and companies to pursue.
WHY WE WANT YOU
WHAT GETS US EXCITED:
- You have 3 to 5 years Internet experience in a business development or analyst role.
- You have outstanding knowledge and demonstrated interest in the latest Internet technologies, trends and business models - including mobile.
- You have a proven history of synthesizing large quantities of information into succinct trends and recommendations.
- You have an amazing ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a high-quality fashion.
- You have strong analytical and financial skills.
- You have excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- You are comfortable using market research tools such as comScore (or like) and mobile app analytical platforms.
- You are results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You’ve earned a BA/BS degree.
You have some M&A experience
Bonus points if you’re an MBA
DID WE MENTION BREAKFAST IS ON US…EVERY DAY?
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, transit check vouchers, and tuition reimbursement, among many other cool perks. Add to that summer outings, team gatherings, softball/kickball/soccer teams, Nerf-gun battles, Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixin’s, cake on your birthday, and you’ve got yourself a pretty sweet deal.