Participates with a team, or individually to develop or modify business requirements and functional specifications for business and software application and technology projects, including Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs). Assists project managers by managing sub-teams or a portion of an overall project. Generally works on small to medium scale projects of moderate complexity. May work on large scale complex projects under guidance of senior analyst or team lead. May coordinate and oversee updates to various business applications, development and maintenance of department databases, and development and implementation of department standard operating procedures relative to various department systems and/or applications.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business processes and associated IT application requirements.
• Supports the process of screening, framing and modeling ideas for process improvements or cost savings.
• Develops and executes test strategies, plans, scenarios, and tracks resolution to identified defects.
• Recommends promotion of software to production based on satisfactory test results.
• Defines and documents business and IT system processes. Models AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
• Conducts and facilitates JAD sessions to develop and coordinates the requirements, specifications, design, and testing efforts for small to medium projects.
• Analyzes business workflow and system needs for conversions and migrations; assists in data mapping.
• Defines and develops test plan documentation to support system validation and/or User Acceptance Testing.
• Conducts gap analysis and use analytical skills to identify root cause and assist with problem management.
• Prepares high level user documentation and training materials.
• Understands the basic concepts of project management according to PMBOK and Project Management Lifecycle
• Understands Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to articulate an appropriate course of action based on reading standard project documentation (charter, work plan)
• Ability to develop and document a work plan and estimate effort required to complete the work
• Ability to document business analysis deliverables such as requirements and testing documentation
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience in application development support with proven analytical experience.
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures applicable to job-related subject areas.
• 1 - 2 years health care experience, managed care
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the
job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare - 30+ days ago
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...