At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth since our inception in 1965. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA - and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA currently seeks a Business Analyst to join our team in Bloomington, Illinois.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
NTT DATA is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with a background in developing business requirements to drive solutions to enterprise business issues. The preferred candidate will have a solid work history as a business analyst developing and managing business requirements, facilitating planning sessions with a variety of stakeholders, and providing vision and guidance to clear solutions. The position requires an individual with exceptional communications skills (verbal and written), meeting facilitation skills, highly accomplished personal organizational skills and big picture view of the use of IT to drive business solutions.
A Business Analyst is held directly accountable for the state of the application(s) and processes and are responsible for every aspect of software releases and project assignments throughout the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. A Business Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring a match of the business requirements to technology solutions. The BA facilitates the architecture, development, and integration of the solution across multiple technologies and database platforms in accordance with client and industry standards. They are responsible for the execution of all change related processes.
Valuable Soft Skills for the Assignment (in order of importance)
- Partner with Team Leads/SOW Leads to keep Statements of Work moving forward and help/facilitate planning activities (very technical work).
- Resolve roadblocks for the teams.
- Identify and assist with Issues, Risks, Dependencies.
- Understand and assist teams with overall process: SOWs (entire lifecycle), Issues, Risks, Dependencies, Change, QA, Service Transition, Project needs, etc.)
- Escalate items as necessary to the Project Manager and Program Manager.
- Facilitate SOW Kickoff meetings to ensure details are available: Start/End Dates, Team Members, Milestones, Deliverables, etc.
- Review SOW Status and % Complete, verify details with SOW Leads.
- Provide Project Schedule updates to the Planners.
- Assist PMs and Program Managers. Examples include: Resource forecasts, Service Transition Processes, Phase Planning/Replanning events, Facilitate meetings, Provide input on pulse of the team, Provide input on the state of SOWs, etc.
- Utilize Cross Team as appropriate: creating project phase deliverable templates, SOW Status reminder notes, meeting rooms, assist with documentation, etc.
- Monitor the overall SOW Process. Make adjustments to fit the needs of the area.
1. Previous coordination experience.
2. Anticipate needs of the Delivery teams/SOW Leads/Coordinator team/Project level.
3. Ability to balance multiple tasks at once.
4. Aptitude to dig in/find solutions, ways to make things work better.
6. Relationship building.
7. Ability to see the “big picture” of the work. (see and anticipate integration points)
8. Communication skills (written and verbal), ability to understand and adjust to audience as necessary, various levels of communication.
9. Technical aptitude (don’t have to understand the technology, but be able to follow conversation)
Ideal candidate will bring to the role the following experiences:
Eliciting requirements using tasks such as: facilitated workshops with business subject matter experts, interviews, document analysis, prototyping, and interface analysis
Specifying and analyzing business goals/requirements, functional requirements, system interface requirements, reporting requirements, data requirements, non-functional requirements and business rules
Leading/hosting large, cross-functional meetings to elicit requirements from subject matter experts and build consensus
Analyzing requirements from several functional areas to determine potential conflicts/other requirements that may exist in other areas
Performing business analysis on Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile/SCRUM projects
Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (Agile experience preferred)
Proven ability to facilitate discussions and resolve conflicts
Ability to participate in Quality Assurance or User Acceptance Testing
Additional desirable skills includes:
XML Unix/Linux Web Services Kerberos/SSO
Cognos Windows Apache/Tomcat CVS and RMS
SQL Java/J2EE Oracle RAD Debugger
Splunk HPSM DB2 UCMDB
HPOO Perl SQL+ OVO
HTML SLL Encryption ITIL COBIT
Minimum 3 Years Required:
Business Analysis - Requirement Gathering
Business Analysis - Requirement Management
Develop Communications documents (business case proposals, project charters, business decision documents)
Liaison between IT and Business Partners
This is a full-time salaried position with NTT DATA. Please note, contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in salaried staff employment opportunities. At NTT DATA, we offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA Company, is an IT services firm headquartered in the U.S. with more than 12,500 professionals worldwide. For 45 years, NTT DATA has been an Application Services specialist with distinguished project management credentials. Today, NTT DATA offers a flagship suite of Application Services, as well as Infrastructure and Business Process Outsourcing solutions delivered through onsite, nearshore, and offshore resources.
Visit www.nttdata.com to learn how our projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...