Established in 1989, National Interstate is one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country. We offer more than 30 different insurance products, including traditional insurance, innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs for commercial companies and insurance for specialty vehicle owners. We are able to provide innovative and customized insurance products because of the talented and dedicated members of our team. National Interstate employs over 500 employees in offices in Northeast Ohio, PA, HI, and MO.
Perform documentation and analysis tasks for departments seeking system changes to support business objectives. Also, the incumbent provides consultation, coordination and/or staff support to implementation projects. The Business Analyst also performs system access and transactional audits; and administers third party software. Will have frequent interaction with Business Users, IT and Quality Assurance.
- Develop business requirements and functional specifications for system enhancement projects.
- Coordinate system implementations. Work with business units to develop specifications and test scenarios. Review test results, both pre and post implementation.
- Provide consultative and staff support for both process improvement and problem solving initiatives.
- System administrator of designated third party software applications.
- Participate in various project lifestyle phases including project management, planning, analysis, design, test, implementation, documentation and post-elevation testing.
- Perform quantitative analysis as assigned.
- Perform system and transactional audits.
- Create user procedure manuals.
- Organize and conduct end user training sessions on systems and applications.
- Assist business users with designing reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Underwriting and/or product support experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of insurance policy administration systems preferred.
- General knowledge of systems and data flow structures.
- Formal designations and/or insurance licenses are not required. Project management certification is desirable.
- Above average verbal communication and client relationship skills.
- Above average business writing skills.
- Ability to maintain own workflow and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees.
- Above average knowledge of PC databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret moderately complex technical instructions and specifications concerning proper use of equipment.
- Travel is required: 1-10%.