Business Analysts at The Nerdery are dedicated to helping prospects and clients define and overcome problems. This role blends sales, consulting, and development given the client's business climate.
These experienced professionals bring profound knowledge of an industry or functional area to their roles. Business Analysts focus on a combination of prospect, client, and knowledge-building work. Business Analysts consult throughout the sales and estimation process and may undertake part- or full-time stints on engagement teams. Business analysts may also focus on government RFP response.
Business Analysts must have full confidence conveying their thoughts, findings, and expertise to our clients’ technical and non-technical leadership. Enterprise Business Analysts must listen to and understand their particular technical challenges, process issues, and contexts. Powerful written and verbal skills are an absolute must.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in a related discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in your previous field of work
- Clever problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Care for the quality of your work
- Client focused relationship builder
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, often self-directed work environment
- Ability to quickly understand high-level customer needs and identify prerequisite and adjacent tasks, features, and requirements.
- Ability to tailor communications to fit the audience and situation ensuring that the correct understanding is conveyed.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Omnigraffle (or similar applications).
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Bonus: Postgraduate education
Nerdery Assessment Test
Applicants who progress beyond the first interview will be given a NAT Nerdery Assessment Test | noun Acing the NAT is hard work – because it’s real work. This is a test, this is only a test – but this assignment is the shape of things to come, if you’re hired. The NAT is every bit as important as what’s on your resume. tailored to their discipline. Applicants spend upwards to 10 hours on their NAT. Ace your NAT and you’ll get our attention.
- Experience developing software
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative experience
- Experience working with Fortune 100/500/1000 companies
This position qualifies for relocation reimbursement.
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, unlimited sick days
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Nerdery - 13 months ago
The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute...