- Position is fulltime at Flagstaff Mountain Campus.
- Northern Arizona University is seeking a Business Analyst who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, health and well-being.
- This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan.
- This position will be working with offices of Enrollment Services which including Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation and/or Financial Aid.
- The Business Analyst, provides business representation for a core functional areas which use PeopleSoft Campus Solution system. The person in this position is a member of Enrollment Services Technical Support team and serves as the liaison between business user organization and Information Technology Services. The person in this role will work with core functional area(s) in Enrollment Services to design and recommend business solutions. The Business Analyst, has functional knowledge and experience as well as the understanding of the process and data flows for the PeopleSoft system.
- The Business Analyst, is a user of the Oracle/PeopleSoft LOUIE On-line system, Hyland OnBase Document Management System and other operational support systems (OSS). The Business Analyst, provides project management on initiatives. The Business Analyst, is responsible for bringing business process expertise to functional area with-in business office areas of Enrollment Services, so the OSS is implemented and maintained in a way that best supports the office needs.
- Minimal supervision for managing projects/requirement meetings and testing of system enhancements.
- Executes work priorities in accordance with project planning time sensitivity, changing work demands, NAU policies, practices and following management direction.
- In coordination with the Campus Information Office and other administrative Business Analysts, identifies and investigates systems problems, issues, and circumstances and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks, and benefits of system modification to the Change Request Management Board.
- Represents core functional area(s) in Enrollment Services on issues related to Campus Community, Academic Structure and data integrity.
- Identifies and responds to end-user questions, issues, and service opportunities. Coordinates user support for questions or issues related to core functional area(s) responsibilities in Enrollment Services.
- Assesses business processes and recommends workflow improvements.
- Monitors or manages PeopleSoft cases, updates, fixes and enhancements in advance of the core functional area leading to documents, reports and strategic planning on the use of new or enhanced Peoplesoft techniques, methods, processes, and practices.
- Reports on work accomplishments and identifies implementation issues in a logical, clear, and thorough manner.
- Works collaboratively with Information Resource Management team to define data needs and to design reports for core functional area in Enrollment Services and campus use.
- Analyzes OSS issues (including current and upcoming modules) surrounding the assigned functional area.
- Assesses and documents specifications for core functional area business processes.
- Works collaboratively and builds relationships with other Business Analysts, processing units and ITS departments.
- Coordinates system and integration testing of OSS updates and upgrades for core functional area(s) in Enrollment Services.
- Exemplifies sensitivity to cultural diversity issues in order to communicate and interact effectively while representing EMSA.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years of demonstrated experience in college/university business process work which includes three years of experience in procedural, technical, management or systems analysis work related to Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and/or other Student Administration systems; OR,
- Bachelor's degree in a related field AND four years of experience in procedural, technical, management or systems analysis work related to Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and/ or other Student Administration systems, OR;
- Seven years of demonstrated experience supporting college/university business process; OR,
- Seven years of demonstrated experience supporting business process in another industry; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Business knowledge of Financial Aid or Undergraduate Admission and Orientation functions, such as recruiting, admission applications, communications, and transcript processing.
- Business and Systems knowledge of Hyland OnBase Document Management System or other workflow system.
Understanding of the interactions between the Enrollment Services functional area and other business units.
- Working knowledge/understanding of PeopleSoft Admissions, Student Recruiting, Enrollment, Academic Setup, and/or Financial Aid core functional areas.
- Strong skills using MS office suite including outlook; comfortable skills using Internet browsers in PC environment.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft products and tools, and skill in a variety of PeopleSoft techniques, methods, processes, and practices.
- Strong project management skills in implementing software solutions with multiple resources across departments.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skill.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Skill in taking initiative within area of responsibility.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Skill in understanding interrelationships of work/project assignments and seeking coordination and integrating planning, decisions, and outcomes.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer and human relations skills.
- Skill in thoroughly carrying out, reviewing, and reporting on all aspects of the work.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$53,808 - $55,000 based on knowledge and experience.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy%20Manual/6-301-Conditions%20of%20Professional%20Service.pdf.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll.
Open until further notice.