OPENLANE is a leading online wholesale marketplace for used vehicles in North America. The wholesale used car marketplace connects businesses that are sellers of used vehicles (such as manufacturers, leasing companies, rental companies, corporate fleets and automotive dealers) with businesses that are buyers of used vehicles (automotive dealers). It is a very large market, with over 20 million wholesale transactions, valued at close to $200 billion, annually. OPENLANE processed hundreds of thousands of vehicle transactions annually, with a total value of over $5 bill
The Business Analyst will primarily support the Finance Operations team and will assume a wide range of responsibilities. You should be comfortable engaging in both product design discussions with developers and presenting solutions to end users. Additionally, you will provide support, analysis, definition and direction to process or system related project activities. As the BA - Finance Ops you will also ensure correct business functionality; requirements and industry standards are addressed. You will interact with peers in other functional and business areas. This position will implement enhancements/small projects for their area of responsibility.
- Ability to translate high level requirements into detailed product specifications
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Assist in fact gathering
- Liaise with users to troubleshoot and resolve system and operational problems.
- 5% travel to US or Canadian offices depending on where the position is located to work with users
- Train users on SAP functionality and best practices
- Monitor daily batch jobs
- Provide hands on operational support when necessary
- Flexible to work extended hours to support users in different time zones
- Champion change management with respect to operational usage of SAP
- Facilitate meetings with user group, customers, and internal stakeholders to gather, understand, and document product requirements
- Provide input and create test cases to development team and project manager throughout development lifecycle to ensure requirements are developed and delivered to specification
- Proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders to make recommendations related to future systems and process directions
- Implement enhancements and/or small projects
- Produces and reviews product requirements document, functional and design specifications, and other relevant documentation
- Discovery and documentation of functional requirements, non-functional requirements, data requirements, business rules. Identify fit criterion within each.
- Accounting designation or working towards one
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent would be beneficial
- SAP Partner Academy and/or relevant SAP Courses, optional
- Experience working with Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, Sales and Marketing, Operations or Engineering business areas.
- Knowledge of industry standards & Information Systems methodologies
- Nice to have broad knowledge of Automotive remarketing industry
- Map current business processes
- 2+ years using ERP across a range of functional areas
- General SAP or other ERP product knowledge
- Functional specification development
- Works well independently and in team situations
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient operating in a Windows environment
- Microsoft Excel power user
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word
- Strong communication, presentation and writing ability
- Strong analytical and logic skills
- Ability to work well with others in a proactive, positive and constructive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
OPENLANE offers generous benefits including a competitive salary, paid time off, medical/dental/vision coverage, STD/LTD disability insurance, life insurance, vehicle discount programs and company matched 401(k) plan.
- 2+ years in IS and/or accounting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPENLANE - 15 months ago