The IT Business Analyst is responsible for developing, interpreting, reviewing, validating, documenting, and maintaining business and functional requirements. This position evaluates business requests to determine feasibility, researches and identifies options, and recommends solutions that best serve business needs. This person also presents information and tracks and responds to questions related to business standards. In addition, this position participates in acceptance testing, identifies potential problems, and researches opportunities to minimize complexity. The IT Business Analyst serves as the primary interface between the user and the IT team.
•Develops, interprets reviews, validates, documents, and maintains business and functional requirements.
• Coordinates and facilitates meetings to define key capabilities and requirements that will enable stakeholders to define business strategy.
• Evaluates business requests to determine feasibility; researches and identifies options; recommends solutions that best serve business needs. Recommendations are then approved or denied based on business merit.
• Provides information about how requirements may affect functional design documents.
• Serves as the primary interface between the user and the department; presents formal presentations to end users, stakeholders, and management.
• Conducts structured walkthroughs of requirements with business and project team members.
• May lead acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met.
• Presents information regarding enhancements and tracks and responds to questions from business and IT team members.
• Identifies potential problems that may arise with new or enhanced applications; communicates how problems will affect business; recommends solutions.
• Writes business correspondence and technical reports; reviews report results for accuracy.
• Possesses broad knowledge of the IT environment and Keefe’s business lines and technology products.
• May participate in development and refinement of Strategic roadmaps for technology products and business lines.
• Validates business requests with regards to the Strategic roadmap.
• Proactively presents solutions to the business to move products along their strategic roadmap.
• Researches opportunities to minimize complexity by leveraging current IT investments and seeking out cost effective solutions.
• Participates in change management activities, including Q&A testing, troubleshooting, and investigation.
• Performs task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service.
• Maintains established service level agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; identifies opportunities for improvement.