The Business Analyst works with business stakeholders to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology requests. This person is also responsible for ensuring that applicable regulations, guidelines and internal procedures related to quality assurance (QA) and validation for computer systems are followed and applied. This person must team with IT developers, business key users, validation and QA staff.
· Collect, analyze and interpret requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis to BABOK standards.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers and development team to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver accurate and detailed requirement specifications, test cases, and validation documentation.
· Clearly and concisely document the results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the client.
· Assist customers in the design and execution of test scripts and test scenarios.
· Coordinate with the business users who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
· Manage any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
· Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
· Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language and to BABOK standards.
· Facilitate knowledge transfer between developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, performance needs, and constraints.
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business or related field and minimum of 5 years experience as a Business Analyst
· Minimum of 2 years experience creating, editing and revising technical documentation such as process diagrams, flow charts, procedure manuals and training materials
· Experience with Word, Excel and Visio
· Demonstrated experience working with all levels in an organization
· Demonstrated ability to su ccessfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of managers
· Willingness to drive and challenge business users on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
· Strong analytical, problem solving and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Read and interpret moderately complex or technical documents such as laws, regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables. Interpret information furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form.