At PlumChoice our self-driven, collaborative team designs, markets, sells and delivers technical support services for the consumer and small business customers of Fortune 1000 companies. Specifically, we set up, configure, connect, enhance troubleshoot and provide usage assistance for people’s technology environments in the growing Internet of Things. Our goal is a continuous, positive service experience. To achieve it, we hire those with initiative, a “let’s find a way” attitude and collaborative work styles. We seek highly talented people who want to join an exciting growth company that cares about the human side of technology.
At PlumChoice, our mission is to build lifelong relationships with not only our business partners, but also our most valuable asset – our present and future talent.
Summary of Position
As Business Analyst, you will work as part of PlumChoice’s Innovation Services Team and will be responsible for analyzing and documenting business model options for our service solutions, translating high-level business/product requirements into detailed functional requirements, and analyzing and documenting internal operational processes as input into new product features.
The position also involves elements of operational follow up and measurement on deliverables to ensure solution value.
This role is highly cross-functional and requires that the Business Analyst work closely with Service Delivery, Engineering, QA and Product Management functions to ensure the accuracy of your analysis and documentation and to validate that detailed functional requirements will meet business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate business/product requirements into functional specification documents and feature acceptance criteria for software
- Work with Service Delivery to analyze and capture operational processes as inputs into new solutions and product features
- Review Engineering deliverables against acceptance criteria
- Work with Engineering to establish solutions to technical issues or limitations
Additional meriting qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills, detailed business process analysis, and follow through
- Experience in business process workflow documentation and operational analysis
- Strong technical skills and understanding of software engineering and implementation
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, and problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive projects and other initiatives independently
- Able to provide at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past as well as associated reasoning around the involved process
- Experience in process improvement methodologies (LEAN, Six-Sigma etc.)
- Experience in a technical role within the software space; e.g. programmer, QA, sales engineering, software implementation and agile development methods
- Experience with data analysis, data management and reporting practices
- Experience with Contact Center/Service Desk operational processes
- Ideally one or more of the following; a BS in Computer Science, Information Systems/MIS or related field or equivalent work experience