Position: Business Analyst Ref 325937
Location: Harrisburg, PA 17101
Salary: $45 /hr.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
The Business Analyst is responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization.
The contractors primary responsibilities will be to provide program office user acceptance testing support for legacy applications and for Phase I of the system. The contractors responsibilities include gaining an understanding of the business functionality within the legacy applications and associated business requirements in order to create and execute user acceptance testing scenarios/scripts. The contractors responsibilities will also include assisting with activities associated with Phase I of the system.
The Business Analyst duties may include participation in business requirements gathering, documentation and review; assisting with quarterly data collection processes and submission of required reports; and the providing technical assistance to business partner users.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
1. Reviews business/user requirements functional specifications for system development or enhancements initiatives and provides associated systems deployment, adoption, problem resolution, and end-user support activities.
2. Creates and executes user acceptance testing UAT scenarios/scripts based on new requirements being implemented.
3. Creates and executes user acceptance testing UAT regression scenarios/scripts to ensure new defects are not introduced as a result of an implementation.
4. Works with team members and system owner to define acceptance criteria for UAT.
5. Assists in the planning, creation, and control of the UAT environments and test data.
6. Provides assistance and support to business operations and end users for software applications regarding business operations and technical issue evaluations and resolutions.
7. Investigates and resolves business operational, software, and data issues identified and reported by users.
8. Discusses application issues with designated staff and recommends changes that may improve the application or business process.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the network agencies, other Department staff, and other contractors.
10. Uses Microsoft programs Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook for documentation and communication purposes.
11. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
12. Follows quality standards.
13. Able to work in a team environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
3-5 years experience in performing user acceptance testing activities including the creation and execution of user test scripts.
Knowledge of software development lifecycle with focus on the business/user requirements phase and the UAT phase.
Contractor must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Contractor must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse user groups.
Ability to analyze and interpret complex information.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Highly Desirable experience using Microsoft Test Manager and Team Foundation Server.
Business Analysis experience. Required 5 Years
Data Analysis experience Required 3 Years
User acceptance testing activities including the creation and execution of user test scripts. Required 3 Years
Knowledge of business process and systems analysis principles, practices, and techniques Required 3 Years
Ability to analyze and interpret written and numerical information Required 3 Years
User Support for computer software systems experience Required 3 Years
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Required
Between 45 and per Hour
Professional Technology Integration, Inc.
Professional Technology Integration, Inc. is an Information Technology Consulting Company specializing in Software / Database Application Development (Desktop & Distributed) within Intranet and Internet environments. n
nOur company was established July 1, 2001 and is committed to provide excellent services in all areas related to Software Development, Web Development, Networks and Connectivity, Multimedia, and Technology Consulting. Professional Technology Integration aspires to carry such a reputation for developing unique database solutions and web-based systems and to provide exceptional technical support.nn
TalentVelocity - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard