As a member of the IT department, the Business Analyst (BA) will be working to support the needs and strategic goals of a mix of businesses and business stakeholders. We are seeking an experienced BA to join our team and work across a range of projects.
The BA is responsible for driving requirements definition and for supporting the implementation of IT driven projects within RMR and its portfolio of companies. The BA will be responsible for the process of documenting business processes and requirements fully and clearly, and working closely with cross-functional teams of business and technical resources to ensure the successful delivery of IT projects. The BA will be ultimately accountable for the overall requirements process and work closely with the business sponsors and stakeholders of the project to ensure objectives are delivered as expected.
- Investigate, analyze, document, and review business and user requirements and objectives aimed at improving particular aspects of a business operation.
- Specify information models, business processes, and user interface mock-ups to support understanding of requirements.
- Provide stakeholder analysis, build rapport with the business, and manage internal clients’ expectations.
- Facilitate business needs assessment and analysis to support vendor selections and development projects.
- For internally developed projects, produce acceptance criteria for User Stories and manage requirements in Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Drive scope agreement, validation sessions, and artefact sign-off.
- Assist with improving the maturity of the requirements and quality assurance processes.
- Assist with project managing smaller projects.
- Assist in the training of business users to ensure technical solution is fully adopted.
- Ensure required documentation can be easily translated into test plans.
- Act as Quality Assurance lead to the outsourced QA team, triage and validate defects as they are being identified, and ensure traceability to original requirements.
- Collaborate with business and technology leads to identify the appropriate data for testing, and prepare that data for the test cases.
- Three or more years of IT Business Analyst experience.
- Excellent facilitation, written and oral communication skills; ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A solid understanding of requirements definition, management, and change processes.
- Experience with recognized project management and software lifecycle tools including MS Project and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience using, and some administration of, SharePoint.
- Experience with a delivery lifecycle such as Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile.
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude and willingness to do what it takes to deliver projects on time and within budget. Requires persistent follow up to ensure project diligence is achieved as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, business or related field.
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups. The ability to translate technical requirements and issues into appropriate context.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Over five years of experience in IT project delivery settings.
- Healthcare, hospitality, and/or real estate management industry experience a plus.
- Modelling and analyzing the interactions between people, processes, and information systems, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Project management experience.
- Experience managing or executing Quality Assurance.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development projects, and coaching and mentoring team members on the process.
- Facilitating group planning and estimation activities.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $23.0 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,700 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 860 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV), a government property focused REIT; and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.