Data Mining is impacting Bosch's products and services in many domains: Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, etc. The Business Analyst role is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems and represents a unique opportunity for you to grow with us. Our team of data scientists and software engineers in Palo Alto will grow rapidly in the next couple of years. |
- Analyze business data to produce actionable insights and translate business needs into technical problems
- Assist in developing requirements, strategy, scope, and priorities.
- Provide technical and functional support throughout the project lifecycle, including gathering business requirements and developing functional specification documents.
- Develop, maintain, and apply statistical methods for descriptive analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data across various Bosch business domain (automotive, healthcare, industrial)
- Identify/develop analytic and validation tools and methods for decision support in various Bosch business domains
- Produce clear and concise reports and dashboards and document methodology and interpretation of the results using narrative summaries and visual means
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams in business units to elicit and understand their requirements and challenges and develop potential solutions
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers, presentations to research staff, management, and key decision makers
- Masters degree in Statistics, Computer Science or related field with at least 3 years of non-academic work experience
- Experience obtaining requirements from business users and subject matter experts, reviewing business priorities, and/or analyzing options & risks
- Experience with two or more of the following: Matlab/SAS/S-PLUS/SPSS/R/Tableau/QlikView, SQL, NoSQL, and other statistical, sampling, data management, and data entry software
- Proven programming experience in at least 1 of the following: Java, C++ (STL), Python, Perl
- Experience with quality control and product testing in manufacturing applications is a plus
- Some travel may be required
Bosch - 4 months ago
Robert Bosch LLC is your one-stop shop for German-engineered auto parts, appliances, and power tools. The North American subsidiary of...