will provide financial and analytical support to Senior Financial Management, Group Logistics Managers, and Logistics Managers.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
Minimum of 4 (four) years Finance and/or Accounting experience.
Intermediate to Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management, analysis, and developing financial reports.
- Prefer experience in the transportation / logistics industries.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving skills and technical abilities
- Ability to think and plan in a proactive and innovative manner
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal guidance when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex financial / operational information to various levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills with MS Office to include Excel and Access
Financial and Analytical job duties include, but are not limited to:
Financial Planning & Analysis: To include forecasting, business planning and location performance analysis.
Operational Initiatives: Work closely with Group Logistics Manager (GLM) and Logistics Manager (LM) to identify and recommend opportunities for cost/productivity improvements. Follow up with tracking / reporting / further recommendations.
Month-End Closing: To include journal entries as necessary to re-class revenue / expenses; explanations of variances vs. forecast / annual plan; general ledger research to ensure all possible billing opportunities are captured.
Field Training: Provide financial training to operations staff, including policies, procedures and financial tools.
Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Operations audits, as needed, to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Corporate: Act as a liaison with Ryder's Shared Services Center and Ryder's Corporate Accounting group.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...