Columbia based corporation is seeking a Senior SAP Functional Analyst
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align Information Technology solutions with Operations, focusing on Finance and Costing business processes and initiatives. Guide the business in the use of SAP systems and processes related to the strategic goals of the business. Firm understanding of finance and costing as it relates to Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Plan to Produce business flows.
Primary Roles / Responsibilities:
• Conducts studies pertaining to the development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
• Writes descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems.
• Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
• Prepares functional, system, and program specifications
• Prepares project-phase plans and implementation schedules.
• Under general supervision, carries out broad and complex assignments requiring comprehensive knowledge in the field of specialization and of the organization in order to develop recommendations to change policies or procedures.
• May oversee the completion of projects including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, and evaluating results, etc.
• Accountable for design and adherence to global standard processes and procedures.
• Responsible for accuracy, preparation and testing of data, both for initial implementation and ongoing project support.
• Responsible for working with the project teams to develop training plans.
• Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge in the field of specialization.
• Creates valued partnership with functional business owners.
• Must be able to be hands-on while offering strategic direction to global functional organization and SAP best practices.
• Some travel required in the US and abroad depending on projects.
• Responsible for all configuration and support of SAP Financial System modules (including COPA), globally, in support of financial, legal, and business requirements.
• Work with the regional and global Finance Directors and Controllers for improved global synergies between the respective parties.
• Ability to configure SAP ECC system in FI/CO areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, General Ledger and Special Purpose Ledger, Cash and Treasury Management, Controlling, Invoice Verification, Purchase Order Variance, Financial Analysis and COPA
• Participating in and facilitating client meetings, interviews and workshops focused on collecting business requirements for SAP FI/CO functionality.
• Work as a bridge between the business and developers on design and testing of new BW and Qlikview reports.
• 7-10 years experience with SAP ECC 6.0 configuration in the areas Finance and Costing. Knowledge of how these areas integrate with SCM Procure to Pay flow, SD Order to Cash flow and PP Plan to Produce flow.
• Production Order Costing
• Project Management skills
• Process Improvement and the ability to understand business challenges and have the ability to translate into solutions.
• Outstanding written and communications skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with the business and IT are essential. Should have excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
• Experience working hands-on with the business or a background in a business process area preferred.
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
• Ability to discern priority and appropriately manage tasks.
• The desire to build solid partnerships with the business while at the same time keeping a global view of corporate strategy.
• Happy in an environment that requires a mix of technical and functional skills.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
(No third parties, please)
(No H1s, please)
(Local candidates only, please)
Don't hesitate! Submit your resume today.
SMCI is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, marital status, prior military service or mental or physical disability.
Functional Analyst, FI/CO, Requirements, Specifications, Orders.
SMCI - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
For more than thirty years SMCI has been an IT staffing solutions leader in the regional markets we serve. Our staffing services include...