Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a mid-level business analyst to assist in activities supporting a highly visible government client.
Minimum Education Required:
- Develop business and functional requirements specifications. Strong understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong interviewing skills to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff.
- Identify areas where process redesign/improvement can significantly impact efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Collect and produce meeting minutes quickly and accurately.
- Participate in business case development and prioritization of process driven projects.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, applicable technical degree
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Qualifications:
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- US Citizenship
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in business/process analysis or similar position
- Proactive and flexible approach to ensure client satisfaction in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with Caliber requirements tool
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance
Sevatec, Inc. - 14 months ago