In this highly visible position the Business Analyst will provide overall control of profitability at a sales division level and portfolio of accounts, in addition to assisting with the coordination of the financial plan, forecasts, and monitoring of actual results against these targets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Participates along with sales management and marketing to develop customer programs that increase sales, share, and profits.
- Participates along with sales management and marketing to develop customer programs that gain new distribution.
- Makes joint customer calls with sales personnel to insure optimal financial deal is negotiated.
- Help divisional heads forecast their business and monitor results against that forecast.
- Assist divisional leaders in establishing the respective sales and financial plan (including budgets), and then monitoring results against that plan. Provides in-depth analysis and explanations of variances from that plan.
- Sets, monitors, and evaluates pricing for the divisions in conjunction with key input from division management. Upholds corporate pricing policy across channel lines by working in close harmony with other finance members of the NA Controllers Group
- Maintains records that back up current customer programs, ensures that the appropriate rebates are set up, accruing properly and reconciles these fund balances on a periodic basis.
- Quarterly results reporting – formal business reviews presented to sales and financial management
- Plays a key role in the resolution of customer deductions including taking an active role in deduction meetings and updates to group.
- Account review preparation for sales managers within these channels.
- Various ad-hoc reporting as requested by management to support the analysis of business trends.
- Works with customer service to administer price plans, clear sales orders on hold, perform account reconciliations and other projects
- All other duties as assigned
An equivalent combination of:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment is required
- Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing or similar field (MBA and /or CPA preferred)
- 3-5 years experience (preferably in a consumer product manufacturing company)
- SAP experience is a plus.
Spectrum Brands - 2 years ago
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...