The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial information, creating reports and models, and articulating financial results to help resolve business issues and identify solutions and opportunities to promote revenue and profitability growth in the firm.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
• Build open trustworthy relationships with finance team, IT, and marketing & client services department.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills.
• Acknowledge requests, set expectations and clarify deliverables to meet goals.
• Demonstrate ability to take information from a wide variety of sources and ensure products are crisp, succinct, and client-ready.
• Display ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms to diverse audiences.
• Advanced Excel skills required (lookups, pivot tables, macros) and above average proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications. Experience with business intelligence, data mining, and report development using MS Access, VBA, SQL, Crystal (9 or better), SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and analyze monthly unbilled time, accounts receivable, billing and collection turns, realization, leverage and utilization at client and practice group level.
• Meet with Section/Practice Group Leaders to interpret financial reports and help develop an in-depth plan on forecasting future collections and new business from current client base.
• Provide financial analysis for alternate fee arrangements.
• Assist with research and annual review of standard billing rates.
• Produce ad hoc analysis and develop financial models as requested by management.
Education and/or Experience:
BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or related field is required; CPA and/or MBA a plus. 2+ years of relevant work experience with operational analysis or management, financial analysis, metrics development, and/or business modeling or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Law firm or similar type of professional services environment preferred.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click "apply online" at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...