Western & Southern has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Analyzes major business processes for improvement in process effectiveness. Functions as an internal consultant to the Client Relationship Center (CRC) in regards to data analysis and reporting. Responsible for the quality assurance of various CRC operational and peripheral systems. Makes key decisions regarding product and system design and/or functionality. Applies technical skill sets and knowledge to develop and employ complete and accurate test plans for implementation of new products and/or system enhancements. Assists in the completion of business unit acceptance testing for deployment of new and enhanced systems and processes. Responsible for problem resolution regarding CRC systems and processes as well as providing proper documentation and training coordination for those units regarding associated changes in business/system processes. Communicates with all CRC departments, IS, Agency and other WSF&G departments. Operates with minimal supervision and is virtually independent in the development and employment of appropriate test plans and test matrixes.
• Performs workflow and process analysis of operating areas. Works collaboratively with CRC management to develop recommendations identifying improvement opportunities in speed, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Coordinates cost benefits analysis of identified process changes.
• Prepares presentations for management on process definition, recommended changes and expected impact.
• Creates and modifies CRC reports using report writing and data analysis tools.
• Analyzes and researches data as needed to determine if systems and process are working properly based on CRC Business Unit needs.
• Performs testing and analysis in coordination with Information Systems and vendors as directed by CRC Operations management.
• Key contributor in the project planning process for CRC/corporate projects where quality assurance testing and training is required. Responsible for ensuring that all research, coding, testing and coordination of training deliverables with Guilford are incorporated into the scope and requirements definition, project scheduling and other necessary activities in the project planning process. Collaborates in developing training sessions for the business units. Responsible for quality delivery of such training as deemed appropriate after consulting with Guilford staff.
• Significantly contributes in defining business requirements for new and existing systems.
• Develops accurate and comprehensive test plans and test matrixes for testing the implementation or enhancements in the CRC operational and peripheral systems. Executes such plans and executes test matrixes to ensure a complete and quality checkout. Is responsible for sign off of such testing to the extent that everything in the test matrix has been completed and is in proper working order.
• Reviews test plans and matrixes with business units and IS to help ensure that all procedures and systems processes employed by the business unit are adequately covered. Is responsible for proper communication and correction follow-up to those business units when any deviation from those plans is encountered.
• Responsible for providing second-level help for CRC Operations Analysts when problems or errors occur in operational systems or processes employed by the CRC. Researches and analyzes problems or errors, and determines next steps of action (correction or referral). Responsible for follow-up of such action and regularly communicating status of correction to the various business units. Ensures that all corrections are appropriately implemented and tested for quality and completeness. Additionally develops and delivers any necessary training corresponding to problem resolution.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Must be able to cite examples from work experience on identifying complex problems, researching and quantifying the problems, logically solving the problems and implementing creative resolutions.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of insurance products, including benefits, riders and various operation processes.
• Must be able to cite examples of solving medium to complex problems using logical and technological skills.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp computer and other technical concepts. Must be able to cite examples of quickly learning new technological concepts and applying them to business needs.
• Provides examples from work experience in writing technical processing procedure documentation as well as examples of presentations.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Provides examples from work experience of maintaining a high degree of accuracy associated with high volumes of work and/or multiple duties.
• Cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision.
• Proven experience and proficiency assessing, analyzing, writing and communicating business requirements/
specifications for projects.
• Must be able to cite examples of good decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives.
• Demonstrated experience of going above and beyond the call of duty to assist team members.
• Provides examples from work experience demonstrating flexibility to meet department and customer needs.
• Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Must cite examples of organization and time-management methods used to prioritize workload demands.
• High school diploma/GED.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, along with table-driven concepts and testing tools.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• None required.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial
- 19 months ago - save job