Western & Southern Financial Group has an immediate opportunity for a Business Analyst.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Acts as a communication link between the operating department’s management and management of other departments throughout the Company as projects, processes and procedures are developed. Acts as project leader/department representative on Company committees, making departmental decisions on issues presented. Responsible for writing work orders, procedures and conducting research needed to bring a project to completion. Stays current with department’s operating procedures, systems and state regulations as they apply to the operating department. Works closely with the Compliance Department, developing and revising existing forms and processes, making certain department stays in compliance with state laws. Supports Technical Services Analysts and the Production Consultants on research issues during project development.
- Acts as project leader/departmental representative on Company committees and projects, serving as a subject matter expert on behalf of the department and making decisions on behalf of departmental management. Routinely communicates with departmental management and other key stakeholders to keep others informed as to project status. Directs activities of others when assigned by management.
- Researches ideas submitted through the Enterprising Ideas Program to validate viability. Conducts cost/benefit analysis to determine savings anticipated as a result of potential implementation.
- Stays current on department functions, systems and procedures. Understands how processes and systems interact and affect other areas of the Company. Keeps current on technical and industry information vital to operating area by reviewing technical and trade publications. Makes recommendations as to potential workflow, process or system enhancements to continuously enhance operational efficiency.
- Researches system and process errors, collaborating with Technical Services and Information Systems as needed to identify cause of error and design of software modifications to administration systems. Develops and submits work order requests, providing a complete cost/benefit analysis. Conducts testing including (1) creation of test bed, (2) execution/build of test cases in the system, (3) verification of output and (4) sign-off for installation.
- Reviews and interprets legislative bulletins, distributed by Compliance Department, comparing legislative requirements to current work processes. Determines if changes to processes, systems or forms are required to ensure compliance, and executes changes deemed necessary. Creates/redesigns forms and procedural documentation as required and disseminates to departmental staff. Makes changes to Financial Group compliance system test region to denote changes in forms, edition numbers and effective dates. Tests changes and validates output. Authorizes Information Systems to move changes to the production environment once validated.
- Prepares periodic department reports such as salary allocation/unit cost per function analysis.
- Works independently, making daily decisions for the department relating to processes and procedures.
- Evaluates and approves exception requests and processing exceptions within management guidelines.
- Collaborates with Compliance to research and resolve Insurance Department complaints.
- Creates and maintains databases for operational management reporting and decision analysis.
- Develops and presents structured job-specific training, applying appropriate adult-learning principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
specifications for projects.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis with little or no direction. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Expected to cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands. Must demonstrate project management experience in planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Proven experience and proficiency assessing, analyzing, writing and communicating business requirements/
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance products.
- Demonstrated ability to work independent from direct supervision. Experience must include identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and resolving the problem where independent decisions were made.
- Proven experience in working with complex programs, interpreting complex documents.
- Proven work experience directing others to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs between internal system groups in a clear, focused and concise manner. Will be expected to provide examples of written work such as correspondence, reports, etc.
- Proven experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility associated with changes to policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience setting professional goals and successfully implementing and achieving those goals.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and self-initiative were demonstrated when dealing with multiple alternatives. This includes providing examples of strong negotiating skills to resolve problems.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- High school diploma.
- College work preferred.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel. Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets and working knowledge of databases.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial
- 3 years ago - save job