- This role is that of a business/functional analyst in a data warehousing IT team.
- The IT team is responsible for inducting data into a Teradata data warehouse and making it available for reporting.
- Reporting tools include Business Objects, Corda dashboards and Roambi views.
- The functional analyst is the liaison between the business team and the technical team that does the design and development.
- The analyst will work with a Finance business team to understand business requirements.
- This could include helping them write up a Business Requirements Document.
- The analyst will translate this into a Functional Specification to be used by the technical team.
- Understand and analyze the problems/issues faced by business, communicate to IS&T.
- Understand the technical solution and constraints faced by IS&T, communicate to Business.
- Negotiate alternate timelines with Business and IS&T.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to create Keynote/PowerPoint presentations.
- Make updates to a business-facing wiki / intranet web site.
Functional and Data analysis
- Good understanding of data warehousing and dimensional data.
- Perform data analysis pertinent to the business problem. Expand knowledge of Apple's data over time.
- Propose high level solutions for business problems.
- Document business problem and proposed solution in a BRD or functional spec.
- Attend design reviews conducted by technical team and ensure that business requirements are being met.
- Create test plan and test scenarios, execute test cases to ensure that business requirements were met correctly.
- (Nice to have) Understanding of the Finance area - Sales Finance, R&D Finance, Operations Finance etc.
Tools and Technologies
- Intermediate level proficiency in SQL and Business Objects Webi as an analyst/tester.
- Be able to build SQL queries and simple Webi queries/reports to help with testing and regression testing.
- Has worked on reporting projects utilizing different technologies: Business Objects Webi, web-based reporting applications, etc.
- Has worked on data population projects where a data warehouse was populated with data from transactional systems.
- Team player and able to work independently with little supervision.
i360 - 18 months ago