The NC Office of the State Controller is seeking a results-oriented individual to join the OSC team and help implement and maintain a n-tier web-based application that will automate Inspection, Licensing, and Permitting processes for state agencies. |
· Facilitate business analysis workshops and documenting solution designs for client sign-off
· Configuring software modules to satisfy client-specific business processes, rules and other functional requirements
· Collaborate with technical and business consultants regarding business requirements for integration, data conversion and complex business logic
· Test the fully configured application to ensure the solution is producing expected results
· Troubleshoot and resolve reported issues
· Deliver training to team members and/or end users
· Provide knowledge transfer to project team members and agency staff throughout the project lifecycle
· Provide input into solution design
· Assist with scoping and analysis of client engagements as appropriate
This position will work closely with vendor and receive hands-on training to obtain the necessary skills to install, design, configure, implement and support development efforts for automating inspection, Licensing and Permitting processes.
The position will assist with the installation and upgrade for base level software components of the Inspections, Licensing, and Permitting application. This will include maintaining and upgrading JBoss, Apache Tomcat and vendor application software. This position will be a main point of contact for central administration activities and issue escallation to the vendor.
Knowledge of Linux, scripting, and complex SQL.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
The candidate must have a thorough u nderstanding of the software development life cycle, including business requirements definition, review of functional specifications, development of test plans, testing, user training, and deployment; experience installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, developing applications in an n-tier Unix /Linux environment; extensive expertise in Problem Analysis and Issue Resolution; Working knowledge of sql; Well-developed computer skills, and a working knowledge of the Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook; E xtensive expertise in Problem Analysis and Issue Resolution; Good communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with 9 semester hours in programming and three years of experience in business applications consulting or development. Experience in the field of work related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis .
Supplemental and Contact Information:
Office of the State Controller
3512 Bush Street
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -