American Modern Insurance Group is nationally recognized in specialty insurance, and currently serve more than 1.3 million policyholders throughout the country. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, American Modern is rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company, an independent analyst of the insurance industry.
The company is licensed in all 50 states, and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies. As a member of the Munich Re Group, American Modern Insurance Group offers clients the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the worlds' preeminent insurance and reinsurance organization.
As the Business Application Manager you will:
- Oversee new system development and large scale enhancements that meet the business needs, while following formal software development and project management methodologies.
- Manage production support for assigned business applications, and is responsible for overall metrics around service delivery.
- Partner with Line of Business managers and Project Managers to identify ways to enable business plans through the use of information technology.
- Manage technical staff by providing ongoing direction, coaching, feedback, and review of career development plans.
- Develop and tracks project budgets,resource allocation plans, and may be responsible for portions of department expense budgets.
- The ideal candidate should have experience with ODS/Data Warehouse IT management in a Financial Services/Insurance environment with multiple database and ETL technologies.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Technology management, including 3+ years of application development leadership as a Technical Lead or equivalent management experience
- Multi-platform, large scale systems experience with mainframe, web, and other distributed technologies preferred
- Demonstrated experience technologies (Datawarehouse, ETL, J2EE, IBM Mainframe, DB2, Oracle, and Cognos)
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Management.
American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. - 5 months ago