American Modern Insurance Group is nationally recognized in specialty insurance, and currently serve more than 1.3 million policyholders throughout the country. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, American Modern is rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company, an independent analyst of the insurance industry.
The company is licensed in all 50 states, and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies. As a member of the Munich Re Group, American Modern Insurance Group offers clients the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the worlds' preeminent insurance and reinsurance organization.
Key Job Responsibilities / Job Description:
- Manages a team of associates and responsible for managing a portfolio of IT applications.
- Oversees new system development and large scale enhancements that meet the business needs, while following formal software development and project management methodologies
- Manages production support for assigned business applications, and is responsible for overall metrics around service delivery.
- Partners with Line of Business managers and Project Managers to identify ways to enable business plans through the use of information technology
- Manages technical staff by providing ongoing direction, coaching, feedback, and review of career development plans.
- Develops and tracks project budgets, resource allocation plans, and may be responsible for portions of department expense budgets
- Manages the development and support of business applications, adhering to standards and processes as defined.
- Collaborates with line of business managers to identify and select the appropriate technology solutions to business plans and problems.
- Assists with the IT departmental budgeting process, including actual versus plan analysis
- Manages projects as requested or required, utilizing the standard AMIG project management methodology
- Develops and manages project budgets as required
- Develops resource plans, assigns work, sets priorities, reviews results, evaluates performance, and provides coaching and training
- Manages vendors and their staff as required
- Participates as a key member of the IT department’s management team and helps communicate, implement, and monitor compliance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Works closely with the Project Management Office to ensure effective deployment and utilization of Information Technology resources on projects
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Technology management, including 3+ years of application development leadership as a Technical Lead or equivalent management experience
- Demonstrated experience with AMIG core technologies (J2EE, IBM Mainframe, DB2, Oracle, and Cognos)
- Demonstrated collaborative and inclusive management style
- Demonstrated experience leading large teams (10 - 25 persons), in enterprise scale systems development and support across multiple platforms
- Proven experience working with teams of offshore developers, onsite contract PMs and programmers, and 3 rd party vendors including outsourcers
- Assists with recruitment and selection of associates
- Working in a fast pace, dynamic and fluid environment.
- Multi-platform, large scale systems experience with mainframe, web, and other distributed technologies preferred
- Practical experience managing web based technology projects using some or all of the AMIG core technologies (J2EE, Websphere Portal, Websphere Application Server, and Websphere Process Server)
- Proven experience managing capital and operating expense budgets preferred
- Insurance industry experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven staff management skills, including the hiring, performance management, and termination of staff
- Possesses strong problem solving, diagnostic, and analytical skills with the ability to analyze technical, business, and financial issues and present options and recommendations to Senior Management
- Strong decision making and prioritization Skills
- Strong communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Project Management experience utilizing standard PM methodologies preferred
Bachelors degree in computer science, Information systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
MBA or MS degree
American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard