Theres a reason Insperity Ranks in the Top 3% of U.S. Best Workplaces on WorkplaceDynamics list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to Americas best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees personal and professional success are the reasons weve been regarded as one of the Best Places to Work for 10 years running.
Works with constituent departments to fulfill application development, support and maintenance requests. Operates with minimal latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Works with constituent departments to fulfill application development, support, and maintenance requests.
- Operates with minimal latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Assists in scope definition and estimation of work effort.
- Contributes to the business requirements gathering process.
- Works with the solution design team to ensure that design standards are followed.
- Adheres to defined processes.
- Develops application code to fulfill project requests.
- Creates technical documentation as required.
- Responsible for unit testing applications for release into production environment.
- Mentors entry-level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Three or more years of professional experience required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knows and uses well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of application development to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner utilizing strong evaluation, originality and ingenuity skills.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Preferred skills include:
- General knowledge of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
- General knowledge of architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good software design
- Knowledge and understanding of ancillary or non-strategic technologies in use at Insperity, such as Power Builder and IBM Informix
- Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and associated development technologies, particularly Visual Studio, ASP.NET, WCF, WF, WPF, Silverlight, ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SQL language and relational concepts.
- Proficient in Visual Basic (VB.NET) and/or C#.
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!
Insperity - 10 months ago