MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, MCPc is recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
The Manager of Business Applications is responsible for managing and coordinating the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and support of MCPc’s business applications. The role also covers the efficient functioning and day to day running of the business applications.
Skills and Attributes Required :
- Manage MCPc’s Application Development Team including the planning, coordination and review of work plans for applications development staff; assigning work activities, projects and programs; reviewing and evaluating work practices and processes.
- Recruiting new Business Applications staff to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Analyzing business systems to determine effectiveness; identifying inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems; developing system specifications and recommending application software development
- Ensuring that effective liaison and communication is maintained with end-users, suppliers and management, such that problems can be minimized and opportunities identified. This will include the operation of effective application change control.
- Managing MCPc's applications on a day to day basis including troubleshooting and providing 3rd level support for these applications. This will include providing remedial support for all operational failures ensuring that initial resolutions are followed up with full corrective actions.
- Preparing estimates for MCPc's Business Applications Support Officers to ensure the success of defined projects. This will ensure that agreed delivery dates and quality attributes are met as defined in Service Level Agreements and business plans.
- Ensuring that end-users are appropriately trained on all necessary applications.
- Strong application skills
- Leadership, guidance and coaching abilities
- Technical writing skills
- Expert at documenting processes
- Visio or other process documentation software
- Strong ability to identify and manage complex processes
- Must have good soft skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written form
This is a hands-on position that will provide MCPc a single point of contact for process control. The process control candidate will have knowledge of ITIL principals and provide practical application of the ITIL principles. Ideal candidates will have 4-5 years of experience in these areas with a 4-year degree preferred.