Business Applications QA Analyst-
Ready to take control of your career? Now’s the time. Blucora, Inc. is the place.
Ranked second in The Seattle Times’ “Top Northwest Companies in 2011” and voted one of the “Best Companies to Work For” for two years in a row by Seattle Business Magazine, Blucora is looking for more rock stars to join our team.
From developer to CEO, you’ll work alongside other top-tier professionals with an open-door policy and the desire to help you grow your career. You’ll have the freedom to put ideas on the table, the support to make them happen, and the recognition that comes with making your mark.
With almost 20 years in the industry, we’re a mature company that has stayed small enough that your contributions will count. By putting your cutting edge skills to work in our versatile, agile, collaborative environment, the possibilities are endless.
About the Business Applications QA Analyst Opportunity
As the QA analyst you will be responsible for designing and developing of test cases and scripts to validate the functional integrity of systems supporting corporate teams. The QA analyst will work closely with engineering and project management teams to ensure release milestones are met and application enhancements meet pre-determined requirements.
Think you’re up for the challenge?
As a QA Analyst – Business Applications, you will:
Skills & Requirements
- Owns testing lifecycle – Including developing test plans, wr iting test cases, filing bugs, and pursuing resolutions and subsequent regression testing .
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch. Apply Quality Assurance principles throughout agile design and implementation to identify defect and design flaws.
- Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness. Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Create new acceptance criteria and enhance existing acceptance criteria on user stories.
- Decompose user stories, technical requirements, and business rules and extract positive and negative test scenarios.
- Execute functional testing within an Agile framework - functional testing (primarily White Box), smoke testing, component testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Execute non-functional testing – load and performance testing, browser compatibility testing, and ecurity testing.
About Blucora, Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- 2+ years of experience testing web-based applications.
- 2+ years of experience applying software quality assurance methodologies.
- 2+ years of test automation experience.
- 2+ years working in an Agile software development environment (preferably SCRUM).
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements (both simple and complex) to perform data verification
- Experience collaborating with developers and business experts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Very strong business analysis, system analysis or product analysis skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
Blucora is passionate about the power of the Internet to improve the lives of consumers, and our businesses operate at the forefront of digital migration trends in their respective markets. Our InfoSpace business provides online search and monetization solutions to a network of over 100 global partners. Through TaxACT, we provide online tax preparation solutions to consumers and professional preparers. We are part of an innovative team that’s committed to creating opportunities, rising to new challenges and where people are just as valuable as the bottom line, and work-life balance is valued.
To apply for this position please visit www.blucora.com
InfoSpace, Inc. - 23 months ago