The Business Applications Specialist is responsible for designing, developing and implementing application and process solutions for a wide variety of business needs. The chosen candidate will also participate in trading infrastructure and analytics activities as directed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers to
business application and or process
with a focus
on feasibility, functionality and ease of integration with existing systems.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed and identify opportunities to improve processes.
- Design, develop, test and implement software packages for web sites, desktop applications, services and other platforms.
- Review and revise existing business applications.
technical software and setup issues
- Implement workaround
procedures when standard methods have failed
- Provide technical training.
- Prepare extensive electronic or written documentation that include but is not limited to; functional specifications, technical designs documents, technical user guides, etc.
multiple projects from inception to completion with limited supervision.
- Trade entry, validation and reconciliation between systems.
- Reconcile and correct trading positions.
- Work closely with Mid and Back Office Personnel to assist in resolving discrepancies.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years’ experience as a programmer.
- Specific knowledge, skill and ability is needed with all of the following: SQL, SSIS and SSRS, .NET Framework1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0, C, Objective C , C#.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and excels at communicating shifts in prioritization.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and explain the underlying assumptions and ideas.
- Ability to operate independently in a complex, rapidly changing business environment, often within restricted budget and limited time constraints.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Knowledge implementing software across heterogeneous hardware and software configurations.
- Knowledge designing and developing web portal technology (both internet and intranet solutions)
- Knowledge regarding architecture or design techniques for logical and physical database structures inside operational and data warehouse.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Energy experience.
- Experience with DTS/SSIS/BCP programming or equivalent ETL tools and techniques for data movement/transformation.
- Experience with building data warehouse structures and interfaces leveraging; Excel and Office VB, MS SQL Server, MS SSIS and SSRS.
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies including SCRUM or similar agile methodology.
- Experience with any of the following:
Iberdrola - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard