Last Day to Apply: March 29, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Los Medanos College/Brentwood Center located in Pittsburg/Brentwood, California is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track Business Assistant Professor.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE
(FIRST YEAR FACULTY)
$54,576 to $82,128 depending on education and experience
Note: A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in United Faculty or payment of a service fee is required.
EMPLOYMENT BEGINS Fall 2013 (mid-August)
BENEFITS Membership in State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
District-paid benefits (employee contributes 6%) for employee and dependents/domestic partners include:
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- Medical (Health Net or Kaiser) insurance including chiropractic
- Dental and vision
- Flexible spending (125) plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Deferred compensation (403b and 457)
- Sabbatical Leave
Los Medanos College is seeking a full-time tenure track professor in Business Administration to begin in August 2013. The successful applicants will be well qualified to teach business courses such as Introduction to Business, Accounting, Business Law, Personal Finance, and Small Business Management.
This assignment will include teaching both day and evening Business classes and it may include an assignment at the college’s Brentwood Center and online classes. The teaching assignment will be approximately 15-20 lecture and lab hours a week for two semesters totaling 35 weeks a year. The weekly teaching schedule provides for some flexibility based on when the classes are scheduled. Summer teaching opportunities may be available for additional compensation in addition to the standard fall and spring semester teaching assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide course instruction and assessment in accordance with established course learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
2. Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
3. Maintain necessary attendance and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
4. Prepare and grade course assignments and examinations.
5. Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
6. Participate in faculty discussion of curriculum, teaching-learning techniques and
7. Participate in department, division and college-wide committees.
8. Develop and revise course materials as necessary to maintain state-of-the art teaching and learning.
9. Foster a positive working environment, demonstrate positive communication skills
within the college community as well as a respect for the dignity of each individual.
10. Participate in professional development activities.
11. Maintain current knowledge in the subject and in effective teaching/learning strategies.
12. Provide guidance and support to adjunct faculty in the department.
13. In cooperation with the LMC counselors, establish academic and educational plans for the Business department students based upon a clear progression of Business courses leading to a certificate or an Associate of Science degree.
14. Communicate information about employment opportunities to students.
15. Work collegially with the dean, faculty and staff in the program and the college.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Master's degree in business, business administration, business management, accounting, finance, marketing, or business education; OR
2. Bachelor's degree in either of the above AND master's degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
3. Bachelor's degree in economics with a business emphasis AND master's degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
4. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via
equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the application packet.)
5. A valid California community college instructor credential authorizing full-time instruction in business
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication as evidenced by:
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment;
2. Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse racial, ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or abilities/disabilities;
3. Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment;
4. Demonstrated work experience in management, marketing, finance, small
business management, entrepreneurship, or international business.
5. Experience in using educational technology for in-class and/or online teaching
6. Experience in advancing student learning, student assessment, and curriculum
7. Current industry contacts to further develop the program advisory board and
establish student internships
1. Applications will be screened to insure the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
2. A committee will screen the Supplemental Job Information Questionnaire and rate the applicant on desirable qualifications.
3. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and possess the highest rating of desired job-related qualifications will be invited to the college at their own expense for an interview and teaching demonstration. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of April 15-19, 2013. Such an interview is a prerequisite to employment.
4. After completion of the above three steps, up to five (5) applicants will be invited to return for an interview with the College President or designee. Final interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of April 29 - May 3, 2013.
5. The College President will make the final recommendation to the Governing Board of the Contra Costa Community College District.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET
MUST BE RECEIVED BY:
Last day to apply: March 29, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Office of Instruction
Los Medanos College
2700 East Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
(925) 439-2181 x3272
NO FAXED OR E-MAILED MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
A complete application packet consists of:
The submission of a complete application packet by the deadline is the responsibility of the applicant. Incomplete or late packets will not be accepted.
- Contra Costa Community College District Application for Employment – Academic [Applications, supplemental job information questionnaires, and information may be obtained at www.4cd.edu, “Career Opportunities,” or by calling (925) 439-2181 ext 3272.]
- Supplemental Questionnaire Answers
- Copy of college transcript(s) for screening purposes
- Equivalency form (found at the end of the employment application) and supporting documentation (if qualifying under #4 of Minimum Qualifications)
Los Medanos College, opened in 1974, is the newest campus of the Contra Costa Community College District, which also includes Contra Costa College in San Pablo and Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill. The college serves students primarily from the rapidly-growing eastern portion of the county. Los Medanos College is fully accredited, offering a transferable general education program and a variety of quality career and technical education programs. The college serves approximately 10,000 day and evening students. Additional information: www.losmedanos.edu
The Contra Costa Community College District is a Drug-Free work place. The District verifies that all new employees are either U.S. citizens or aliens authorized to work in the U.S., in conformance with the 1986 Immigration and Control Act. Potential employees should be aware that smoking is prohibited in many areas of the District facilities.
THE CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In conformance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests for reasonable accommodation may be made to: Director of Business Services (925) 439-2181 ext 3206
To view full job description and apply, visit: http://www.4cd.edu/career/fulltime_faculty/Business%20Assistant%20Professor.pdf
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Contra Costa Community College District - 2 years ago