Develops and maintains profitable business banking relationships within the retail environment pursuing businesses with up to $25 million in revenue and up to $10 million in credit exposure. |
- Portfolio sizes may vary in terms of complexity of credits and number of accounts. Composition of portfolio determines if retention and expansion of existing clients relationships is the primary focus versus acquisition of new business.
- Responsibilities include identifying needs, recommending products (including cross sales), negotiating loan terms.
- Coordinates approval of loans through the Business Loan Center. Partners with banking office staff and Business Development Leader to promote business banking sales.
- Works with Business Loan Center and Commercial Loan Servicing department to ensure accuracy and completeness of credit packages and delivery.
- Monitors maturing loans and upcoming renewals.
- Cooperates with and provides information/perspective to central collections group to allow for timely collections of past-due loans and special assets group to allow for effective workout of graded credits.
- Works with more complex relationships. May coach less experienced staff.
- Monitors day light overdrafts. Adheres to pricing discipline and credit quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent of a combination of 10 years education and Business Banking and/or Commercial sales experience required --7 of which should be Business Banking and/or Commercial sales experience
- Minimum of at least 7 years Business Banking and/or Commercial sales experience required
- Commercial credit training experience and prior lending experience required
- Previous business/commercial loan portfolio management experience required
Other Traits, Characteristics and Experience:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Must have excellent written and verbal (face-to-face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- General knowledge of business deposit products preferred
- Direct outside financial sales experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- PC and internet proficiency
EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: To demonstrate our commitment to health and wellness, Huntington will not hire any candidate who uses tobacco or any nicotine product including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff or snus, nicotine gum, the nicotine patch or any other kind of nicotine replacement product (where permitted by applicable state law). Candidates applying for positions in those states will be notified of this practice during the recruitment process and, if offered a position, will be screened for cotinine ( to check for use of tobacco and/or nicotine products and/or nicotine replacement therapy products ) before they begin employment. If the position to which youre applying is covered by this practice, the job application will provide greater detail as to what constitutes tobacco use.
Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position.
Based on experience this position may be hired at the senior level.
Huntington Bancshares is the holding company for The Huntington National Bank, which operates about 650 branches in Indiana, Kentucky,...