Business Banker – Robbinsdale, MN
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a Business Banker at our Robbinsdale location. This position is responsible for establishing new banking relationships with corporations, partnerships, and individuals doing business, not-for-profit organizations, and associations. This individual must have complete knowledge of all commercial products and services including credit products, deposit/investment products, cash management, other commercial services, and the bank fee schedule. This individual is responsible for assigned floor duty to service walk-in customers, but also spends a significant amount of time out of the bank in the offices of existing clients, servicing existing business, developing new business, calling on prospective clients, and networking in various ways in the community.
This is a front line sales position for all commercial deposit/investment, credit, and cash management products. Commercial business is brought into the bank through personal interaction of the Commercial Banker with the customer/prospect. The incumbent must understand the business/industry the customer is in and must gain a thorough knowledge of the customer/enterprise history and future plans. The loan administration unit has been organized to assist in the evaluation and approval process. Lending authority will be given to the incumbent based on their training and experience. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Must match the product and service with the customer/prospect's identified needs and must carefully evaluate the amount of risk involved in entering into a relationship.
- Understand the business/industry the customer is in and must gain a thorough knowledge of the customer/enterprise history and future plans.
- Must be able to write in narrative format about the business summarizing financial capacity and ability to repay loan request.
- Administer all loans within legal and regulatory requirements, the bank's loan policy, and stipulations established by the Officers Loan Committee and Directors Credit Committee.
- Develop new commercial banking relationships.
- Cross-sell business products and services.
- Generate fee income.
- Represent bank in a professional manner at community organizations and activities.
- Monitor Business overdrafts.
- Assist in providing adequate floor coverage during banking hours, and in opening and closing the bank.
- Serve on the Officer Loan Committee as a voting member within 90 days of initial date of employment.
- Make referrals to the consumer department for bank products and services.
- Bachelors degree from a four year college or university, 5-10 years related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous banking experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, narratives, annual reviews, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Periodically scheduled to open or close the branch and may also include occasional Saturday hours from 9:00 to noon based on the needs of the branch. This position requires the ability to work before and after normal business hours, to meet deadlines and attend various business functions as a representative of the Bank.
About Citizens Independent Bank
Citizens Independent Bank is a community bank with four locations in St Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth. Since the bank was chartered in 1949, CIB has dedicated itself to serving the community as well as its customers. We take to heart that local involvement and decision-making is how a bank should operate.
We are looking for employees who will uphold our values of honesty, integrity, social responsibility, and exceptional customer service. If you have these traits, we welcome you to apply.
At CIB, we take care of our people with a comprehensive benefits package that provides a safety net not only for today but also for your future. Eligible employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Reimbursement and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AA