Business Communications Manager
Working in partnership with the Global Vice President of Communications and regional HR and Marketing Communications leads, Kerry’s Business Communications Manager will develop and execute organizational change communications, employee communications, and community relations programs aligned with Kerry’s global growth strategies and business objectives.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Partner with the global communications network to drive employee communications and community relations best practices in North America.
• Ensure consistent local execution of company announcements, employee communications and community relations (e.g., local government agencies, community organizations, charities and local media).
• Develop and manage communications to support organizational change initiatives
• Develop and manage communications programs that increase the awareness and favorable image of the company among its employees.
• Develop an effective and efficient two-way communications pipeline between employees and management.
• Manage internal communication channels, including Kerry’s regional intranet, Connections newsletter, site-based newsletters across North American manufacturing facilities, and Executive Town Hall engagements.
• Develop programs designed to gauge employee opinions, concerns and feedback about internal communications efforts; and quantify results.
• Manage the company's corporate giving and employee volunteer programs to ensure they are supporting company’s values, mission and strategic objectives.
• Develop strong relationships between the company and key members of the communities in which it operates.
• Establish and enhance the corporate brand within the communities in which its employees live and work.
• Represent the company at various community and charitable events.
• Serve as the department's contact for business continuity/incident management activities.
• Research, write and edit business, people and organizational announcements.
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Corporate Communications, Marketing, or Human Resources
• 7-10 years of experience developing and executing employee communications/change management
• Ability to engage others; develop and maintain effective relationships; build a strong network of contacts within the community; and promote a positive image for the company, its local business and its employees
• Excellent change management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Public speaking and event planning expertise
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to coach and provide direction to staff
Kerry - 15 months ago