Job Title: |
Business Consultant - Actuarial Development Program
New York. NY or Bridgewater, NJ
Assists with recruiting, selection and interviewing of candidates for the Actuarial Development Program. Maintains information about actuarial personnel and processes transactions to reflect the onboarding of new hires and the transfer of positions as a result of program rotations. Generally assists the director of the ADP with the management of the ADP.
- Plan and arrange recruiting efforts at actuarial career fairs and information sessions on college campuses; attend the ASNY Career Fair at Columbia University in early January.
- Screen, select and recommend actuarial student candidates for full time positions and summer internships.
- Arrange interviews for selected candidates.
- Initiate and oversee the onboard hiring process for actuarial students and interns.
- Submit salary adjustments, bonuses and certain expense reimbursements to HR for processing.
- Submit all required forms to process staff transfers and promotions.
- Coordinate the logistics for all training programs (e.g. orientation sessions for summer interns, rotations) and manage the actuarial lending library.
- Coordinate the logistics for the annual actuarial conference (e.g. track responses, prepare name badges, welcome attendees).
- Maintain the Actuarial Directory database and some content for the actuarial community website.
- 3-4 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills as this associate is the first point of contact for all actuarial students and interns and also deals with many officers of the company, including the Chief Actuary.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products.
- Knowledge of website management and html coding a plus.
- Familiarity with HR procedures a plus.
Financial Management Group
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...