Job Title: Business Consultant
Please note this is a W-2 only position.
* BA with experience in successful roll-out of system to multiple states highly preferred*
· Consultants have previous industry experience and are proficient in user story /functional requirement development, process analysis, and improvement tools and methods in several areas of business operations.
· Familiar with all phases of user story development, process analysis and design established within the enterprise and change management.
· Works and collaborates with others in either a lead or support role as business needs demand.
· Responsible for project management activities of smaller scope projects or work streams. Leads projects of smaller scope and/or lower complexity projects.
· Under supervision or leadership of a more senior consultant, works on projects of moderate to high scope and complexity.
· Proficient at scoping process analysis and improvement projects of low to moderate complexity and contributing to the development of project charters.
· Identifies documents, analyzes, designs and redesigns business processes.
· Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
· Facilitates cross-functional project teams.
· Develops metrics and analyses data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
· Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
· Measures performance against process requirements.
· Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
· Delivers presentations and may contribute to training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Communicates team progress.
· Contributes to cost and benefit analyses.
· Leads and facilitates sub-team meetings.
· Responsible for identifying the need for appropriate process perspectives in business discussions and projects.
· Contributes to scope definition and business case development.
· Contributes to center of excellence.
· Conducts primary and secondary research to identify industry best practices
· Responsible for identifying and executing detailed performance data trending and analysis
· Adheres to defined deliverable formats using tools including Visio, MS Project, Excel and other desktop products as required
· Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for long periods of time.
· May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences.
· Change management experience, Business Process Analysis and Documentation including Current State Process,
· Current State Performance and Metrics, Issues, Disconnects, Opportunities, Root Cause Analysis, Business Case Development, Future State Design Specifications and User Story Development, Future State Design of Process, Roles and Responsibilities, Metrics, Process Planning and Management, Detailed Design and Implementation of process improvements
· Project Planning and Management
· Good analytical skills to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements.
· Good collaboration and teamwork skills.
· Good communications, interpersonal skills with a client service orientation.
· Good business acumen.
· Good facilitation skills
· Ability to learn and apply principles, theories and concepts applicable to process engineering
· Good research and investigation skills
· Visio, MS Project, Excel (inc. Pivot Tables), other desktop applications
· Familiar with many analysis and documentation tools and techniques established within the enterprise preferred.
· BS/BA degree in related area or equivalent industry experience
· 3-5 years industry experience
· 2-3 years process analysis experience
· Preferred: 2-3 years Previous experience in a management consulting experience with a consulting firm
Harvey Nash USA - 24 months ago
Harvey Nash Group helps fill positions around the globe. The company provides international executive search, IT permanent placement and...