CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Business Continuity Manager. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you!
Develops, implements and maintains the EIT Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) and Business Continuity Program (BCP) to ensure business enabling IT technical services, people, and processes are able to acceptably support the business and service operations of CPS Energy in the event of a disaster or other business disruption. Working closely with Risk Management, the position will support EIT documentation, security requirements, people, processes, and critical system testing to enable the recovery and restoration of critical IT applications and infrastructure that support critical business processes in a timely and organized manner.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multifunction printer, and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. Ability to perform after-hours and weekend work as required.
Requires manual dexterity, sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Must be able to exert or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, Management Information Systems or related field – Preferred – Significant additional direct experience may substitute
• 5 - 8 years experience strong technical writing experience
• 2 - 5 years experience developing and maintaining IT Business Continuity (DR) plans
• Broad range of skills with different technical platforms (servers, networks, storage, security, etc.)
• A Sense of Ownership and dedication to see resolution of problem or completion of a project
• Highly developed project management skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Analytic ability to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities related to multiple projects at once, and to work collaboratively across organizational lines.
• Ability to successfully manage and work with technical consultants and/or contractors.
• Provide 24 x 7 on-call production escalation support on an ongoing basis
• IT Process Management Experience (ITIL, SOX, SAS)
• Knowledge of the business requirements of the ERCOT Energy Market (Zonal and Nodal).
• Knowledge of SAP, Meter Data Management and/or Utility OMS/GIS/Mobile Data Management business requirements
License & Certification
• Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License (required)
• CBCP – Certified Business Continuity Professional, Business Continuity Certified Planner/Specialist, Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (preferred)
• Drug Test and NERC PRA
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
• Must have favorable driving record
• Very important to this position are: accuracy, critical thinking, reading comprehension, complex problem solving, active listening, speaking, judgment and decision making, writing, detail, monitoring, time management
• Important to this position are: process focus, meeting commitments and achieving objectives, marketing of business value, security
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles most in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
•Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
•Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
•Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Accountability and Attention to Detail
•Produces results despite obstacles; no excuses
•Holds herself/himself and others accountable, without flinching
•Stands behind all commitments; we do what we say we will do, and we do it well
•Ensures all work is correct and accurate
•Sets objectives and standards that stretch the organization and require performance beyond what is known to be attainable
•Targets and achieves large improvements in results; is not satisfied with incremental progress
•Maintains uncompromising standards of excellence
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...