Managed Business Solutions is seeking an experienced Business Data Analyst to provide expertise in Business Data Conversions, Business Intelligence Solution Development, Business Report Development and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Scripts. The role is a mix of remote, and client-site activities. Some travel is required. Colorado candidates are highly preferred - no third parties or agencies, please.
- Participate in Data Mapping Workshops to lay out target data, source data, data mapping rules and data transformation rules. Document data maps.
- Participate in Business Intelligence Design Workshops to identify measures and dimensions for Business Intelligence Solutions and data maps from source data to the BI structure.
- Participate in Report Design Workshops to identify report formats, source data and business transformation rules to for report development.
- Develop ETL scripts in support of Data Conversion and Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Develop SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports based on agreed-upon designs.
- Perform Unit Testing and Quality Assurance checks of developed scripts and reports.
- Perform analysis of issues raised from constructed scripts and reports.
- Modify scripts to address changing business needs and issues.
- Perform performance tuning and improvements to developed scripts and reports.
- B.Sc. Degree in the information systems or computer sciences field preferred. Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or the equivalent is required.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and relational databases is required
- Experience working with clients translating business requirements into data solutions is preferred.
- Experience in Data Modeling, database design, and SQL Server best practices
- Experience in writing complex stored procedures and views within MS SQL Server
- Experience with at least some of the advanced features of SQL Server, such as full-text indexing, xml storage and querying, recursive or hierarchical queries, efficient paging techniques, SQL Service Broker and/or Notification and partitioned/indexed views.
- Experience migrating document images a plus
- Experience in Xml extraction and transformation
- Experience in upsizing and migrating databases from Microsoft Access and other legacy platforms to SQL Server
- Must have a customer-service orientation and creativity in problem-solving.
Managed Business Solutions - 7 months ago