This just in--read what all the fuss is about:
Are you looking for an awesome place to work that allows you to think outside the box? A company that believes in constant and never-ending improvement all the while being respectful to others? Where strategic thinking, bold ideas, solving challenging problems and making a huge impact, and flawless execution are expected and supported?
If this sounds like an environment in which you’ll thrive, please read on…
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Business Data Analyst is responsible for solving business challenges and deriving valuable insight from the large amount of data TakeLessons collects about its business and users. This position will be working closely with stakeholder groups across the company to understand their needs, and then use a variety of tools and data sources to obtain and present analytical results.
What are the primary responsibilities of this role?
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Work closely with stakeholder groups within TakeLessons to identify, understand, and characterize business problems and other opportunities for leveraging data we’ve collected
- Utilize a scientific data-driven approach for forming, testing, and refining hypothetical solutions to these business challenges
- Resourcefully use a mix of analytical tools (such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and SQL) and diverse data to explore and solve these problems
- Develop and formalize analytical results, documenting and presenting to management in a cogent manner (to include visualization, written summaries, and verbal presentations)
- Identify data collection opportunities within our website and business processes based on anticipated future analysis needs, working closely with the Software Engineering team to implement these changes
- Identify novel business insights by performing exploratory ad hoc analysis of extant data
- Create and maintain reports in Tableau Server to meet the reporting needs of stakeholders within the organization
- Build detailed models and segmentation strategies including lifetime value models, retention rate models and customer attrition models
- Through exploration and data mining, find patterns in data and turn that into actionable business impact
- Provide superior business analytics combined with insightful and actionable knowledge to address a broad range of on-going business issues
- Communicate results of analytics clearly and logically with emphasis on root causes, key conclusion and indicated action recommendations
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to apply analytical results to business decision making processes
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field relevant to data analysis (Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics), or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in probability, statistical methods, and data analysis; including data manipulation and retrieval from database systems
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including creation and maintenance of complex spreadsheets and pivot tables
- Ability to effectively formulate and test hypotheses to solve business problems using a scientific data-driven approach, analytical tools, and diverse data sources
- Excellent communication of complex analytical data and the conclusions drawn from them, including the use of visualizations, verbal communication, and written communication
- Experience leveraging required skills in consumer-internet space with proven track-record of delivering valuable insights that have supported business growth
- Basic proficiency authoring SQL queries, including the ability to comprehend relational database schema and relations between tables
- Quickly understand business and technical requirements and design an effective analytical solution
- Proficient at performing statistical analyses, building models, performing linear regressions, and performing complex mathematical computations
- Effectively prioritize between multiple competing priorities from different stakeholder groups
What is it like to work at TakeLessons?
- 2+ years using Tableau Desktop or other data visualization software (such as QlikView, BIRST, Pentaho, or Jaspersoft)
- 2+ years using Google Analytics or other web analytics software
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and techniques
- Experience with at least one scripting language (PHP, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL databases
Benefits and Culture
- Fast-paced and fluid start-up environment
- Dynamic and fast-growing business
- Focused on getting things done
- Hardworking teams having fun along the way
- Goal-oriented and numbers driven
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; Paid Time Off (PTO); Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
To learn more about our culture, please visit http://kareer.me/discover/takelessons
- Requisition ID #71
- No phone calls or agencies please
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
TakeLessons - 13 months ago