Job Title: Business Data and Reporting Specialist
Job ID: 03585
Division : Product Management
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Candidates with SAS (Enterprise Guide and SAS programming), Essbase (administration tool and Excel add-in), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and SQL preferred.
Experience in report development (gathering requirements and extracting/summarizing/formatting data) and report automation (scripting recurring reports to run without manual intervention) preferred.
This position provides the PLT division, SBUs, product lines and other divisions key data, analysis and reports pertaining to business financial performance, business growth performance, and policy data. Produces, performs, and maintains metrics/reporting processes that consistently produce accurate, timely, and decision enabling information. Provides analysis and commentary to explain variances or anomalies with the data.
- Report Development and Analysis (65%)
- Locates, acquires, manipulates, integrates, transforms, and analyzes data from a multitude of data sources supplying clients with information and analysis. This requires the expert use of various tools including query, reporting, statistical, and presentation tools.
- Understands numerous data sources and is able to research and articulate differing results from various data sources.
- Utilizes knowledge of various computer file structures and analytical/reporting tools to expertly join data for analysis of the affects of policy processing transactional activities on insurance metrics.
- Develops, tests, and executes code within analytical tools to query data.
- Develops close working relationship with all business partners from within the division as well as other divisions such as Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Claims, Marketing, Actuarial and Controller.
- Communicates the results and analysis to all organization levels, sometimes in collaboration with his/her manager. Identifies and elevates areas of concern based on analysis and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Support of Business Performance Analysis (20%)
- Develops and maintains reports, completes analysis and communicates observations and recommendations. Updates and revises data based on changes in the business.
- Support and works collaboratively with other business areas to plan, analyze, and communicate the completion of research and studies that are used by management to make strategic and business plan decisions.
- Identifies critical information and analytical needs to support key efforts of clients.
- Produces analysis to explain variances and anomalies for management, senior specialists, and other divisions. Provides information, opinions and recommendations that are used to adjust operations to achieve planned results.
- Communicates (both verbally and written) the results of analysis relating to business performance metrics to all levels within the organization. When appropriate, this will be in collaboration with unit manager or the senior specialists.
- Develop Reporting Solutions (10%)
- Supports the implementation of projects/initiatives led by the PLT and numerous other divisions.
- Works collaboratively with clients to identify key reporting needs, identify the necessary data, develop and deliver analytic information required for managemenet of the business and for decision making.
- Meets regularly with manager to update plan and reporting requirements.
- Participates in projects providing expertise in metrics, reporting, tools and data.
- Provides geo-mapping solutions for the PLT and other divisions to identify and clarify business issues relating to profit, growth and policy management.
- Support the Maintenance and Testing of Reporting Solutions (5%)
- Mentors and transfers knowledge in areas of expertise to peers and other departments / divisions.
- Identifies issues with data or systems and works with others to research, and then develop, evaluate and test alternative solutions.
- Establishes testing requirements and executes plans to ensure that any business process changes made within source data systems is accurately reflected in the analytical data.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the insurance industry; or demonstrated expertise and proficiency in data querying, reporting and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of databases and analytical software tools.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
American Family is an innovative and dynamic work environment. With your ability to embrace and drive change, you will be an owner in our mission to become the most trusted and valued service-driven insurance company. To learn more, visit jobs.amfam.com
We look forward to staying connected with you. Please join us at www.amfam.com//careers/corporate/stay-connected/
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...