Great American Insurance Group's roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products. The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG's common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and NASDAQ under the symbol "AFG".
The Trucking Division provides an affordable alternative solution to Texas workers' compensation coverage and has successfully developed and manages the leading non-subscription program in the market. We are currently searching for a Business Developer in either Houston or Dallas for our Non- Subscriber division.
The person hired for this position will develop, coordinate and implement marketing strategies for the Texas Non-Subscriber market. These strategies will include: Balancing product mix of business, customer affiliation, distribution channels and their effective results. This position will require up to 70% travel including some overnight travel as needed. Opportunities may include marketing efforts and travel beyond the assigned territory.
- Has responsibility for developing a productive agency territory.
- Develops marketing plan for assigned territory, taking into consideration the strengths and weaknesses of the territory and competitors, divisional objectives and overall market conditions.
- Prospects, appoints and manages agency relationships to achieve production and profitability objectives.
- Develops and executes agency action plans for achieving individual agency objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes agents' production and results.
- Implements and may recommend appropriate corrective measures; including modification or cancellation of agency appointments.
- Acts as a liaison between company and producer in solving problems.
- Markets company products and services to existing and prospective agencies.
- Interprets and explains products, facilities, practices and services.
- Gathers, analyzes and maintains competitive information.
- Makes appropriate recommendations based on competitive landscape.
- Has responsibility for profit-oriented risk selection / rejection and pricing decisions within designated authority on lower complexity to moderately complex multi-line risks.
- Monitors aggregate quality and pricing for book of business in assigned territory.
- Monitors persistency, placement and agent / agency debt.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to achieve business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- May take an active role, as needed, for large and / or complex accounts during upstart and / or critical periods in order to assist agents in producing business.
- Has responsibility for building and maintaining effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business. Ensures consistency across the team when communicating with / responding to agents and brokers.
- Administers and applies insurance laws and regulations and as appropriate, underwriting rules, guidelines and rating manual rules.
- Identifies opportunities for and may spearhead development of new business and / or programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business and work experience. Marketing degree is preferred.
- Experience in the insurance industry with focus on underwriting, agency operations, and marketing. Texas Non-subscriber experience is preferred.
- Previous marketing/sales experience. Must be able to write a marketing plan.
- Strong selling and negotiating skills are necessary.
- Must be a great communicator, in both written and verbal form and be able to work with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Experience and skills in the use of computers and software programs as these are used extensively in this position.
- CPCU, Accredited Advisor in Insurance, Associate in Underwriting, or Associate in Risk Management are desirable.
Great American Insurance Group - 12 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...