department has an excellent opportunity for a
Business Development & Marketing Administrator
office. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Business Development Marketing Managers and the Firmwide Marketing teams to initiate, coordinate, and/or implement marketing and business development initiatives for specific geographic areas. The Business Development & Marketing Administrator will perform, at the office level, tasks analogous to those that the Business Development & Marketing Managers perform at the practice group and industry levels, and in addition to their geographic assignments, will provide necessary additional capacity for practice group and industry marketing and business development. Specific duties include:
- Work closely with Firm lawyers and other Marketing Department personnel to create client focused brochures and other collateral and pitch materials that meet attorney specifications. For client proposal responses, organize and participate on team strategy calls, gather and analyze existing relevant materials, provide competitive intelligence in conjunction with Competitive Intelligence team, identify and gather Firmwide human resources and financial information as needed, gain final department and lawyer approvals, format for consistency and visual appeal while upholding Firm branding standards, and coordinate the printing and timely delivery of business development and marketing materials. Share best practices in the Marketing Department’s knowledge base.
- Team with Business Development & Marketing Managers to stay abreast of news about client development targets in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration. In tandem with the Competitive Intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed. Create development activity reports. Participate in relevant team meetings to plan strategic marketing approaches.
- Manage office or practice team events/conferences including establishing and managing budget, site selection, development of invite list, invitation process, event logistics, site set-up, CLE planning and post event follow-up. For virtual events such as webinars, set up all required technology.
- Maintain experience management system and league table reporting, which may involve data analysis, attorney interviews, research, coordination with outside publishers, and timely submission to ensure the Firm is credited for all relevant work.
- In coordination with the appropriate practice group Business Development & Marketing Manager, oversee office and practice team attorney lateral hire marketing integration to ensure all steps are executed in a timely manner, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcement cards, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration.
- In coordination with Firmwide Marketing team, orchestrate sponsorship/membership opportunities (including vetting opportunities, arranging for payment, managing ad production, and arranging events, conferences, speaking opportunities, log-ins/passwords, marketing materials, etc., for these initiatives).
- Respond to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors; provide excellent customer service; and follow-through on requests to ensure needs are met.
How to Apply:
Send resume to Amanda Kelley, Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter at
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from all levels of professional and support staff, clients, and the general public.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Adobe InDesign or other graphic software a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated success strengthening corporate reputations and client relationships. Proven ability to manage major projects, coordinating the use of department resources and involving senior management.
- Interactive marketing experience is a plus for online activities.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff.