Lane’s Mid-Atlantic Region is seeking a Business Development (BD) Analyst in its Chantilly, VA, office. This full-time position will support, coordinate and implement Regional BD opportunities, projects, initiatives and accountabilities. The selected candidate will begin working as soon as arrangements can be made.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Spearheading data and information execution/management, as well as the development and/or customization of required reports for appropriate business uses
- Conducting on-going research/intelligence gathering of project opportunities, design partners and industry trends in the Mid-Atlantic Region (VA, MD, DE and DC)
- Assembling, updating and running multiple monthly reports
- Assisting with pre- and post-meeting scheduling, planning, coordination and reporting
- Supporting BD communications
- Carrying out responsibilities while maintaining the Lane values
One of America’s premier heavy civil contractors, The Lane Construction Corporation is the preferred partner to connect and improve the communities and world in which we live. Founded by railroad engineer John S. Lane in 1890, Lane constructs quality highways, bridges, locks, dams, racetracks, and mass transit and airport systems in 20 states. Lane and its 11 affiliates also produce bituminous and precast concrete, and mines aggregates at 70 plants and 11 quarries from Maine to Florida to Texas.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in a technical and/or research role
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. (IT, Accounting, Business, Engineering, Transportation, Public Administration/Planning or related field is strongly desired but not necessary)
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Presentation skills are strongly desired but not necessary)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Salesforce software experience is strongly preferred but not necessary
- Familiarity with transportation agencies in the Mid-Atlantic Region (VA, MD, DE and DC) is a plus
- Basic understanding of transportation planning, processes and procurement is a plus
- Experience with transportation project tracking systems, e.g., Dodge/McGraw-Hill, is desired but not necessary
Lane offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Principals only please.
Principals only please
LANE is an Equal Opportunity Employer