Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Business Development Associate for the Business Development department in our Washington, DC office.
Crown Agents is an international development company with offices in more than 30 countries, employing over 600 personnel worldwide. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients, particularly in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening. Crown Agents currently operates in more than 85 countries on projects with an annual value of more than $181 million.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Business Development Associate will support successful strategic planning and proposal development activities, including recruiting, in all business areas associated with economic growth and trade. The Business Development Associate will support the marketing and sales capability within CA-USA to strategically position CA-USA as a major competitor in the marketplace; and to effectively promote Crown Agents' portfolio of services and products.
- Work with proposal coordination unit to ensure that all OMAP documents are successfully completed;
- Support bid development process, including gathering background information, preparing Capability Statements, producing proposals (strong production skills, including Word and Excel, desired), providing recruiting support, etc.;
- Support CA-USA in developing and maintaining focused client and partnership relationships through effective networking and key account management approach aligned to clear strategic priorities;
- Build momentum with our IO partners in promoting new business winning opportunities.
- Monitor Web sites of donors and other influencers of the international development market;
- Provide research and background information for major proposal efforts;
- Conduct business intelligence that achieves higher win rates on USAID and MCC opportunities; interpret market information; prepare profile/briefs for weekly team meetings;
- Track opportunities, monitor CA-USA top targets, develop market approach, coordinate pursuit plans, and aid in managing the opportunity pipeline;
- Keep informed of changes, trends and implications for CA-USA's business interests;
- Attend relevant events and provide notes to BD team and in CRM.
Marketing & Sales
- On an as needed basis, carry out networking activities for priority bids in progress to include: reaching out to referral networks to identify prospective candidates; screening CVs; creating candidate matrices; collecting USAID 1420 verification documents; formatting CVs for bid submission; and working within specialized applicant tracking software.
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- Work with Senior Business Development Coordinator to ensure Web site articles are kept current;
- Support development and production of promotional literature in direct support of targeted results as identified in CA-USA pursuit plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Development, Business, or a related field required.
- Minimum of three years related professional work experience with at least one year of prior work experience in international development required.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual ability is preferred.
- Related work experience in business development with an international company preferred; demonstrated work history with a for-profit and/or non-profit government contractor in international development preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID, MCC, World Bank, Department of State, and/or private donors preferred.
- Demonstrated project research skills including prior experience researching internet sites and databases to gather competitive intelligence to aid in the proposal process.
- Knowledge, experience, or willingness to be trained in basic networking and proposal recruiting skills including but not limited to: screening CVs; collecting biodata forms and verification documents; and tracking candidate information preferred.
- Microsoft Client Relationship Management (CRM) or similar software knowledge preferred.
- Proven, strong attention to detail including above average writing and editing skills.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being pro-active and committed to change, which is inherent in this position.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com . Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.