Business Development Associate
Los Angeles or New York City
Unique opportunity for a self-starting, entrepreneurial business development professional
Kelton is a rapidly growing, boutique research, insights, and marketing strategy firm looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Associate. Our clients offer us incredible diversity of subject matter; our key clients include Pfizer, Target, Bloomingdale’s, the University of California, Domino’s, and many others. The perfect candidate is bright, passionate and a consummate professional. Our work environment complements and rewards self-directed, flexible team players that have strong interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and are excited about the opportunity to support potential clients and project teams in translating challenges and questions into opportunities for innovation.
We’re seeking a Business Development Associate with 3+ years of relevant experience (ideally within a research firm, agency, or business development role in a professional services or strategic/management consulting environment) to work closely with our senior leadership team. The Associate’s primary role will be to assist Kelton’s CEO with his business development efforts and this is a role that requires real face-to-face engagement with internal and external executives. The ideal candidate has exemplary business acumen, client empathy, and is excited to learn, grown, and enjoy building relationships.
Proposal development is a KEY element of this role. Past success taking input from a team, constructing/writing proposals in PowerPoint and Word, and ensuring that a final product reflects precisely what potential clients are asking for is vital. The Associate will also schedule and arrange client pitches and meetings, prepare pitch materials, and support other ongoing marketing efforts.
The Associate will play a key role in:
• Driving communications with potential clients to qualify leads and build alignment around a mutually valuable focus and scope for collaboration
• Producing well-coordinated and compelling client proposals, presentations, and meetings
• Maintaining and sharing updates on the pipeline of potential projects with the research and operational teams
• Creating a portfolio of stories and assets that showcase Kelton’s value proposition in relation to different markets, industries, and challenges
• Owning maintenance of Kelton’s client database and executing marketing campaigns to targeted audiences
Specific Skill Set:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely strong PowerPoint skills and comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with conducting research (via data gathering and conversation) and synthesizing this data into meaningful and relevant internal and client communications
• The ability to multi-task, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• A focus on and attention to detail
• Comfort with developing connections with people inside and outside of an organization
• Strong presentation skills
• Exposure to and knowledge of online marketing resources, including social media strategies and campaigns
• Experience with InDesign and Salesforce are both a plus
This is a “no-drama, no-diva”, informal but extremely hard working environment where teams are tight and really help each other – you can expect the same working here. Moderate domestic travel will be required. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability.
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume, cover letter, and work examples (we’d prefer non-confidential examples of relevant work in PowerPoint and/or Word) via email to
with “Business Development Associate” in the subject line. Resumes submitted without a customized cover letter will not be considered.
Kelton Research - 20 months ago