SmartWatt Energy, Inc. is an energy service company that develops demand side energy reduction solutions for large commercial and industrial, small business and municipal customers.
The Business Development Associate will develop mechanical and lighting efficiency projects in Ohio by identifying, assessing and structuring technical and financial solutions for customers' energy efficiency needs. Business Development Associate will need a strong technical background and the communication/business skills to translate customer needs into technical guidelines for our implementation team.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for prospecting and networking to develop business opportunities and provide engineering and technical experience to assist business opportunities through the sales and engineering process. This will include performing tasks in sales, the project design processes, the project management process and general administrative duties.
- On-site investigation and documentation of commercial and industrial mechanical/lighting systems, including building audits.
- Oversee and/or perform the design and budgeting of projects.
- Detailed engineering analysis including baseline profiles, end-use analysis and retrofit analysis.
- Responsible for developing of proposals, reports and presentations.
- Prepare project technical write-ups and detailed project costing.
- Work with Management to develop market growth plans.
- Cultivate and foster customer relationships.
- Network within industry.
Talent and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Business or a related field
- 3 to 10 years of work experience in Engineering, Sales or a related field
- Experience in Energy Conservation projects is preferred
- Past experience and an up-to-date knowledge of best practices as they relate to energy efficient projects is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License; Travel required with employee’s automobile
- A highly self-motivated and ambitious individual
- A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Professional presence
- High energy and action oriented
- Financial planning and budget experience with the ability to develop a business case
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
SmartWatt Energy Services is a turnkey energy services company dedicated to reducing facility operating costs through demand-side energy...