At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to using advanced biology to developing biological solutions for several of the world’s largest industries including food, energy, chemicals and water. As pioneers in the science of synthetic genomics, we are applying the latest technologies to make more sustainable products and processes. We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
As the Business Development Associate you will be involved in all stages of the execution of our strategy for several of SGI’s biotechnology-based programs. You will also help to identify new opportunities that create value for the company and are aligned with our vision.
- Perform market and competitive analysis to inform commercial decisions in the nutrition, chemicals, fuels, and personal care markets.
- Techno-economic and financial modeling to provide insights into key performance indicators and cash flow development
- Work with scientists to understand key process parameters and product development needs
- Collaborate with external partners for technology development and product commercialization
- Help structure the deal and support the negotiations with all potential partners to ensure alignment of interests and long-term value creation
- Work with the scientific and IP teams to assess new technologies and if appropriate pursue rights to them to advance program goals
- Develop business plans and presentations for the management team and Board of Directors
- BS and MBA degrees required with a minimum 2 - 5 years of experience, preferably in consulting, strategic planning or business development roles in the Energy, Food, Chemicals and/or Biotech industries
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Solid experience developing financial models and business cases
- Knowledge of the biotech or bioenergy industry is a plus
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work efficiently and maintain discipline in order to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to gather, evaluate and screen relevant market data, generate insights, identify opportunities and present recommendations in a clear and concise manner
Synthetic Genomics, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard