Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential. Hay Group Insight, our employee engagement practice, has partnered with the world’s largest and most complex organizations, creating engaged workforces through the strategic use of survey programs. We currently have a need for a Business Development Consultant in our Chicago office.
The overall purpose of the role is to lead the growth of Hay Group Insight’s business through acquiring new clients, while helping organizations translate and transform the voice of their employees into high levels of individual, team and organizational performance. The ideal candidate would have experience in organizational management principles and practices, inside sales and/or business development, and client relationship management.
The Business Development Consultant will play an important role in selling Hay Group Insight’s products and services. The person will be responsible for generating new leads, developing relationships with potential clients, evaluating opportunities, developing market intelligence, creating proposals, delivering sales presentations, and participating in all critical phases of the sales cycle. The Consultant will be expected to generate interest in our offerings amongst targeted prospect organizations, which are typically Fortune 500 or global companies.
• Proactively engage target organizations in conversations about Hay Group’s offerings
• Develop target list of companies with business development team
• Make calls into the target market
• Generate, qualify and lead new sales opportunities
• Build rapport with prospects
• Write proposals in response to RFPs
• Lead sales presentations
• Negotiate contracts
• Track activity through established database system
• Develop external network and ensure Hay Group Insight is visible in the marketplace
• Develop internal network with Hay Group consultants to identify new opportunities
• Work on consulting projects
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Strong drive for achievement and success
• Professionalism and persistence
• Creativity and persuasiveness
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
• Client oriented mindset with focus on providing solutions
• Being a positive and team oriented professional
• Being able to work independently and be self-motivated
• Enjoy competitive challenges
• Track record in sales, with experience or interest in selling professional services to complex global organizations in the area of strategic measurement
• At least 3 years experience in similar positions
• Open minded and flexible to adapt to a quickly changing environment
• Understanding organizations’ business and human capital needs
• Availability to travel on an as needed basis
• Members of the sales team
• Admin support
• Senior client personnel
• Internal support departments (e.g. Marketing, IT etc)
More on Hay Group Insight:
Hay Group Insight is a global leader in employee opinion research. Through the customized survey programs we create we provide our clients with research-based diagnostic and consulting services to help them improve their business performance. We work closely with our clients to take action based on the results of our survey-based research and offer expertise in helping our clients to engage and motivate their people, attract and retain talent and improve operating efficiency.
Hay Group Insight offers a collegial and supportive work environment that provides employees with excellent advancement and development opportunities. Our employees have the opportunity to work with and have an impact on the Fortune 500 and many of the World’s Most Admired companies.
Come bring your talents to one of the leading management consulting firms in the world. We look forward to your application!