General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is part of General Dynamics and has been a trusted partner to the U.S. intelligence, maritime, space and homeland communities for more than 50 years. With the expertise to lead, the insight to deliver and the commitment to succeed, we staff each mission with a carefully selected team of seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., General Dynamics employs approximately 91,000 people worldwide. The company is a market leader in business aviation, land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions, shipbuilding and marine systems, and information systems and technologies.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for a Director of Business Development for our Intelligence Systems Line of Business. The position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense services and systems. GDAIS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out critical national security missions supporting intelligence collection, processing and dissemination.
The selected candidate will lead a high performance team of business development professionals to identify and help acquire new business ventures for GDAIS and its customers. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Director of Business Development will work to enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
• Lead, facilitate and coordinate the overall process of growing the GDAIS Intelligence Systems business in partnership with the Line of Business (LOB) VP.
• Direct Business Development staff and oversee assigned business capture activities
• This position leads the Strategic Planning activities to develop and maintain the Intelligence Systems Long Range Strategic Plan, facilitating the collaborative evolution of a growth orientated market strategy capable of delivering against the growth objectives for the LOB, the Cyber Systems Division and GDAIS.
• Provide operational and strategic direction aligned with the Intelligence Systems business plan and objectives.
• Implement a sound business development infrastructure to enable the line of business to deliver on its new business commitments.
• Leads, facilitates and coordinates the overall process of achieving customer satisfaction and “Trusted Partnership” with Key customers with shared responsibility for customer satisfaction (with the VP LOB) within the Intelligence Systems Market area .
• Manages investment funds allocated to the Intelligence Systems strategy for growth. Establish and manage budget and goals for the BD organization.
• Ensure that appropriate strategic alliances are formed with other organizations (internal and external) to the advantage of GDAIS in support of LOB objectives
• Develop business opportunities in accordance with the GDAIS Business Development Process.
• Execute critical proposal positions such as capture manager or review team lead for critical, strategic proposals
• Drive the development of the appropriate training, tools and processes to facilitate business development activities.
• Recruit, develop, coach and evaluate a professional staff charged with supporting Line of Business initiatives
• Ensure that all BD personnel have personal development plans and objectives in place against which performance reviews are conducted.
• Measures of Achievement include :
• Achievement of Orders/Submission/Funnel targets – with specific
emphasis on new opportunities.
• Management and development of BD Staff.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage a high performing team of professionals toward achieving business objectives.
• Strong demonstrated intimacy and domain knowledge of the Intelligence Systems market. Knowledge of industry competitors is also required.
• Minimum of 5 years of related management experience or demonstrated effectiveness to meet the managerial expectations.
Department of Defense TS/SCI w/full scope poly security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics AIS - 16 months ago
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is a provider of end-to-end ISR solutions to help ensure our customers have the right...