Job Title: |
Business Development Director
Summary of Responsibilities :
Demonstrates expertise in small business, both group and retirement plan market space to direct the firm’s small business strategy. The incumbent is responsible for researching and identifying new business opportunities and managing existing relationships with small business clients. Partners with firm Resource Coordinator and Regional Marketing resources to coordinate and implement firm marketing plans geared toward the small business market, designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
- As a member of the management team, participates in creating and executing the firm’s marketing plan designed to increase business opportunities in the small business market.
- Researches businesses and how best to approach the identified market.
- Works with regional and firm resources to design an approach talk, design marketing materials, develop a seminar system, & identity centers of influence.
- Works with and develops Financial Service Representatives (FSRs) to be able to serve the identified market after the door has been opened.
- Delivers sales presentations, hosts/facilitates seminars and events, and meets with clients.
- Works with appropriate firm resources to develop and maintain a sales tracking system.
- Travels to satellite offices to meet with FSRs and discuss new business opportunities and develop strategy/plans to approach identified market opportunities.
- Externally recruits FSRs to serve identified small business market opportunities.
- Close new customer sales resulting in continuous goal achievement.
- Establishes & maintain productive marketplace relationships that results in a constant stream of sales leads that will result in achieving new sales goals.
- Maintains high profile, positive & ethical marketplace presence/reputation consistent w/ MetLife brand.
- Understands marketplace; continually collects marketplace information intelligence (trends, customer needs, competition, products, etc.), & provides gathered info to firm
- Uses capable business acumen to understand customers’ challenges & needs. Effectively communicates w/customers intricate details & methods associated with the firm’s customer solutions.
- Works w/internal mgmt. & staff to create customer solutions (Advanced Markets Director – or, Department.
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies Required :
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies Preferred :
- 5+ years Financial Services, Business Development, Product Management background in a fast paced financial services industry
- Proven ability to establish new business development partnerships within the financial services industry
- Deep industry knowledge of the group and retirement plan market place with established relationships
- A strategic leader, who can also execute, with strong communication skills who partners effectively internally and externally
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Creative, resourceful problem-solver
- Flexibility to learn on the job and adapt to a changing environment
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Windows)
- Demonstrates technical and functional expertise.
- Extensive product knowledge
- Series 6, 63,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field (MBA a plus)
- Industry designations
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...