Business Development Director
Sierra Systems is a recognized leader in Consulting and System Integration for the State and Local Government market. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to join our team in Los Angeles, CA . The position reports to our Vice President of Sales. This is a sales position with a strong focus on hunting in the State and Local Government and Justice and Public Safety market. You will be responsible for executing targeted sales and marketing plans, developing partner relationships, identifying opportunities, fostering strong client relationships, and developing proposals that meet client needs and delivering financial results for our business.
The successful candidate has earned a reputation as a deeply respected and trusted advisor to clients in the State and Local Government in the Justice & Public Safety, Municipal Management (Licensing, Permitting and Land Management), Business Intelligence (BI) and Public Sector Healthcare marketplace. A strong preference will be given to experience positioning and selling IT Consulting Services in the State and Local Government space, a plus would be solution sales experience and professional relationships in the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Skills & Competencies
- Identify opportunities and lead business development activities in Justice & Public Safety, Municipal Management (Licensing, Permitting and Land Management), Business Intelligence (BI) and Public Sector Healthcare.
- Qualify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales practices
- Own qualified opportunities throughout the sales process
- Develop win themes for pursuits and ensure they are integrated into proposals
- Work closely with the Proposal Manager and Solution Leader to complete winning proposals
- Build and maintain senior executive relationships
- Collaborate in the development of strategies and approaches in pursuit of new opportunities
- Be active and visible within the Los Angeles community.
- Help elevate Sierra Systems' profile and reputation Use Saleseforce.com to track all opportunities and keep data current and complete
- Develop and execute pursuit plans, budgets and financial forecasts.
- Work in collaboration with all Sierra Systems resources to achieve profitable revenue growth
- Identify prospects by utilizing creative lead-generating techniques
- Maintain a productive working relationship with our go to market partners
- Independently establish call plans, opportunity plans, sales strategies and tactics as required to effectively and efficiently manage assigned territories and increase the perceived value proposition to be delivered.
- Build pursuit partnerships and consortiums to deliver competitive solutions.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Sierra service offerings with the ability to translate how these solutions address prospect business needs.
- Adhere to company business processes and rules
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- State and Local Government subject matter expertise with a proven ability to positioning solutions and sell services to new accounts in the SLG market
- Demonstrated competence in understanding service offerings related to management consulting, systems integration and application managed services.
- Seasoned communicator with entrepreneurial outlook in developing business.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
Sierra Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
- University degree in public administration, business, computing sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years work experience with progressively increasing level of leadership responsibility.
- A proven track record of meeting sales and revenue quotas.
- 10 years' experience in consulting, professional services and business development.
- Established relationships within the California SLG market.
MaxHire ID: 12101
Sierra Systems Consultant - 20 months ago