AIR Worldwide (AIR) is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in more than 90 countries. AIR’s software and services use sophisticated analytics to inform insurers, reinsurers, brokers, hedge funds and other entities on how to manage their risk including where to expand and retract, how to optimize portfolios, and how to structure various risk strategies. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
We are currently looking for intelligent, highly motivated, professionals to join our Business Development team. Initially, we will ask that you learn the key scientific tenets and statistics that underpin our models as well as the software applications on which to access the models. You will work closely with our clients and prospects to understand their business needs, with a view to creating and expanding those relationships and ultimately growing AIR’s market share.
• Improve market penetration among insurers, reinsurers, agencies and other financial intermediaries in the expanding business of catastrophe risk management
• Manage major client accounts to ensure retention and to identify new sales opportunities
• Work with qualified prospects to demonstrate how AIR’s leading-edge products will meet their needs
• Work with a high-powered team of professionals to understand sophisticated risk-modeling techniques and to identify new marketing approaches
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly goals and objectives and track the company’s progress in achieving them
• Assist in developing marketing materials and presentations for clients and prospects that manage large investment and insurance portfolios
• Experience with business development, marketing or sales in the software, technology, or insurance industries
• Ability to follow through the sales process from initiating to closing the sale
• Aptitude for working with complex software applications
• Excellent communication and demonstration skills
• Aggressive and self-motivated
• Knowledge of at least one of the following areas a plus
• P&C insurance industry
• Risk management software applications
• Underwriting or actuarial experience
• Some travel required
• Proven track record in sales or solid potential
• 3+ years of client facing business development, sales, management consulting, finance, product management or marketing experience
• BS or BA degree in a quantitative field
• MBA or MS Management
Air Worldwide - 21 months ago
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...